Acid Pro 8 Confirmed for 2018 Release

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ACID Pro 8

pekbro wrote:I didn’t experience a single error with the plugin scan and 1500-ish Plugins.
Dang man that's a ton of Plugins you have :hihi: :hihi:
surreal wrote:Which other DAW would you guyz recommend that handles loops with immediacy and accuracy as Acid?
For me? Ableton Live has been the Best for this. However you could get 1000 different answers and none of them are wrong. Live just has been the best in my experiences with Bitwig and maybe Samplitude coming close behind.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Don't forget, both Mixcraft and Sonar have pitch markers for loop playback.

:neutral:
Trying to start ACID 8
It hit's a dll and stalls Stalls STALLS
Kill it, move the dll out to a VST2_ACID_FAILS directory
Start again, gets farther but hits another dll and stalls out ... repeat Repeat REPEAT Re-PITA

All these work fine:
Ableton, Studio One 3, Samplitude, Reason 10

Yes, Samplitude works.

I guess I just wait until all you BETA testers are done testing ACID :neutral:

I was surprised by Magix's release of Acid Pro 8. My experience with computer based music began with me stumbling on Hip-Hop EJay which led me to Acid Pro 3. Up until then my computer was a glorified game machine, I didn't really know why I dumped a shitload of money into a PC when consoles were less of a PITA to play games. Suddenly I had a legit reason for owning a computer. Making loop based music was a lot of fun I gave myself a stage name and eventually I was posting tracks on Acid Planet and doing the review=review trip. Next came VST's and MIDI and I felt like I was cheating using loops (even though it was an art form itself). I had no formal music training and music theory was just that...a theory. As a consequence my tracks were and remain simple. After collecting a bunch of synths free or commercial I realized I didn't like them and I was more inclined to using romplers as I prefer traditional instruments. I stuck with Acid up to version 7. Then came Orion, FL Studio, Tracktion, and eventually Studio One. Somewhere along the line I out grew my SoundBlaster and Acid so when Magix announced Acid Pro 8 I did my happy dance. That only lasted till I installed the trial. :( It was Acid alright just with a dark color scheme and a few of Magix's plug ins. Throw in some cartoony icons and boom...Acid Pro 8. The cosmetic changes give way when you click on any of the menus. Very little has been changed or improved, I guess you can't go home after you've been to the city. If this is your first DAW you'd be better served by the free Tracktion, if it's not don't bother unless your feeling nostalgic.

Is there other DAWs outside of Acid and Mixcraft which can take a batch of acid loops and mix them all at the same tempo and key?

SampleScience wrote:Is there other DAWs outside of Acid and Mixcraft which can take a batch of acid loops and mix them all at the same tempo and key?
Ableton Live and Cubase can.

kb420 wrote:
SampleScience wrote:Is there other DAWs outside of Acid and Mixcraft which can take a batch of acid loops and mix them all at the same tempo and key?
Ableton Live and Cubase can.
Thank you. Then, I wonder what is the point of bringing Acid back... I guess the ease of use might be worthy for people used to that kind of workflow (like Vegas users).

Matching acidized loops to project tempo feature is available in almost all DAWs however matching loop Key to project key was something unique to Acid. Waveform has this feature. Don't have Live so cannot comment. I will try Cubase later.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Sonar did as well.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

^^^ Correct. They call it Groove Clips.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Karma_tba wrote:... eventually I was posting tracks on Acid Planet and doing the review=review trip...
been there.
road the pony.

at least it gave you something to aim for..
i could do with such a site today...
:)

I am excited to see the return of Acid Pro 8. The "chopper" is such a unique way to compose.

However, on current Windows 10 I'm seeing frequent crashes already. Maybe only as stable as Acid Pro 7 ever was? ;)

i had lots of problems with version 7 and stopped using it as a result. that was a fair while ago but i have running it on win7 recently and it runs smooth. weird.
i have tried 8 and it is disappointing. it looks as if they had a competition for skinning on deviant art, it's just shoddy and confusing. there also seems to be no significant performance improvement, even running 64bit. imo it was rushed out ( in accord with Magix marketing strategy, ours is not to reason why)..
i'm one of those people who got all fidgety and expectant at it resurfacing but i can only hope that there will be some significant development from the next version especially the Midi.
it just seems a bit lame to me that this is version 8 , it's more like 7.5 at a stretch.
here's hoping but i am not expecting any world shattering changes to it. i expect it to get subsumed into their already burgeoning software line. maybe in progs like music studio..

Hello. m4a files (itune) do not work with acid pro 8
In acid pro 7 they were loaded
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I got the email for for the Acid Pro 8 sale. I had my finger on the trigger, then I loaded Mixcraft and realized I can get the same experience now. I am mostly an instrument tracker, so loops were low on my list unless I want to build a quick song template.

I haven't had Mixcraft for long and have not looked into all it can do. If it can, in fact load acid loops and it's own format I think I'm set.

The quick answer to the idea that loops can be loaded in all the major players is both yes and no. I can load acid and Rex into CbB . It has to be set correctly or your loops won't line up. I noticed Mixcraft doesn't have this issue. Simply drop it on the line and the timing is perfect.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”