why are live and bigwig the only DAWS to have clip launchers ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

An advantage of modulation from outside to inside the VST: moving knobs and sliders, i. e. a more responsive UI. Which you do not have in many instruments.
Bitwig, in a way, is improving any VST.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vej8sEvqa9g

FLS is getting more and more interesting :D
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote:FLS is getting more and more interesting :D
Have not used it for maybe 2 years, because workflow etc. FL is a mess for me. May return to it in 200 years. :party:

Stagelight :)

I wish Reason would introduce clip launch :D

I wish office would introduce clip launch, and for itunes it would be nice too, not to mention firefox...

+DP :D

Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:31 pm I wish office would introduce clip launch...

Well there was Clippy :lol:

Not sure but i would almost never use it. Of course it is always nice to have that option if needed.
I would like to have the live loop performance from GarageBand iOS actually within Logic. I wonder why it is not there.

New version of Waveform looks very nice. I think if they added clip launching too I'd swap to it.

Digital Performer 10 has joined on.

I’ve heard talk here about Logic adopting the Apple Loop feature they have in Garage Band...maybe porting it over to MainStage. Wouldn’t be a terrible idea

AnX wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:39 pm Thank the lord, another musician in the forum :phew:
Haha! Sorry I'm another wannabe! I always loved music and although I can't play any instruments, I enjoy music composition as nothing more than a personal hobby.

Despite that, I quite agree with the first 3 concepts! Real musicians do repeat stuff but not over and over and over like us amateurs that struggle to be as creative! Lol don't take it too seriously.

I always felt it's like cheating using pre made loops from sample CD's and the like. All you're doing is making your own jigsaw picture with pieces cut by someone who knows what they're doing. That's not to say that all music made from loops is crap, but the vast majority is!

My personal preference is to create loops myself. Structure into a track then edit to taste.

Sorry if my opinion offends anyone, it's just my opinion. Don't get hung up on it :)

If you filled your clip launcher up entirely with one shot clips, then it wouldn't be "loop based" music, would it?
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:55 pm If you filled your clip launcher up entirely with one shot clips, then it wouldn't be "loop based" music, would it?
It would if you re-trigger them :D
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:48 pm
zzz00m wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:55 pm If you filled your clip launcher up entirely with one shot clips, then it wouldn't be "loop based" music, would it?
It would if you re-trigger them :D
My comment was actually tongue in cheek, but since we are playing ... :D

I would agree if you set the one-shots to re-trigger automatically. That would essentially be looping.

But not if you manually re-trigger them on demand, and they only play one shot at a time. That would be clip-based, but not loop based. More like playing a single note or chord on your instrument, that you could combine with other notes or chords to improvise a piece of music.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”