why are live and bigwig the only DAWS to have clip launchers ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

just trying to get into Logic Pro X at the moment and can't understand why such a big name program such as this doesn't have a clip launcher (or any other big name DAW for that matter)

do I really have to manually put in the tempo for it to match in logic? :help:

surely time has evolved now where they should ALL have working methods to match Ableton and bitwig?...live especially is 17 years old ?

or am I missing something here
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

nope they are not
Reaper has - https://www.helgoboss.org/projects/playtime/
fl studio has its own
and other daws may have their own

the only thing is ableton popularized this clip launching thing
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

noisy fan

"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

To the list I would add the less well known...

Mixcraft's Performance Panel
SONAR's Matrix View (RIP Cakewalk)

But these are Windows only.

You should be able to find a plug-in or a mobile app to perform clip launching duties, though.

Muzys had clip launching over a decade ago before it was mysteriously taken off the market overnight with no reasonable explanation from the Dev.

The dev then started recoding from the ground up to create Mulab which for some reason doesnt have clip launching. Read in to that want you like, it's not because of aliens or PsyOps though ;)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Muzys had clip launching over a decade ago before it was mysteriously taken off the market overnight with no reasonable explanation from the Dev.
M-Audio maybe?

https://www.mutools.com/company-bioref.html

Cubase's Groove Agent SE 4 can be used for this.

damoog wrote:just trying to get into Logic Pro X at the moment and can't understand why such a big name program such as this doesn't have a clip launcher (or any other big name DAW for that matter)

do I really have to manually put in the tempo for it to match in logic? :help:

surely time has evolved now where they should ALL have working methods to match Ableton and bitwig?...live especially is 17 years old ?

or am I missing something here
Possibly Live is so dominant in the marketplace for that use that the others might not think it's worthwhile pursuing? Also, I suspect that there are far more traditional composing and recording users than live performance users. I have no hard facts to support either supposition.

This is one of those questions that assumes that everyone wants the features in, um, question.
I had to google it to even find out what clip launching is. Ergo, I don't. Want clip launching, that is.
I also wonder why every DAW has to have exactly the same feature set, and exactly the same way of doing things. And even the same gui. :dog:

Logic also has 'midi clip launchers' (and a sampler with slicing) .... due to the environment logic is still quite flexible in terms of workflows

I'm having one of those .. "if you can't say anything nice, don't say it" conundrums ... So we'll leave it at clip launching is not needed in any DAW I use.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Googly Smythe wrote: I had to google it to even find out what clip launching is. Ergo, I don't. Want clip launching, that is.
sometimes you do not know that you want something until you find out ;) :hihi:

Loop based music is..

A.) Like Lego blocks for kiddies
B.) Cheating
C.) The antithesis of any artist with integrity
D.) Responsible for the decline of western civilization
E.) All of the above

Please, don't bite your tongue.

:P

(Yes, I am kidding. Please do not take this seriously)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”