Samplitude Pro X3 Suite sale $149.00 until Dec 20th

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Maybe this link helps explain it. Although it does not specifically mention SF_12.. the Sam suite normally includes the current version of SF, which is 12 now.
https://www.magix.com/gb/music/samplitu ... s/#c711126

toonertik wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:22 pm Maybe this link helps explain it. Although it does not specifically mention SF_12.. the Sam suite normally includes the current version of SF, which is 12 now.
https://www.magix.com/gb/music/samplitu ... s/#c711126
You can't say "normally" when the first (and only) example you have is X3 Suite (and not from the beginning). And that came with SF11, and not upgradable to SF12 for free even after SF12 having been announced and Magix also having an offer of a free upgrade to users who bough SF11 in the meanwhile.

So, I very much doubt SF12 will be included. But anything is possible since we are talking about Magix.

My best bet is some special "upgrade" price to SF12 to users who buy the X4 upgrade. Users who take this upgrade will have to buy SF12 upgrade at whatever price Magix wants it. Or even not.
Fernando (FMR)

Yes.. I should not have used "normally".. I guess I meant that they packaged SAM3_Suite with the then current version of SF... I see no reason why they would offer the new version of SF with sam3, it is a package.. It makes more business sense to keep SF_12 for the Sam4_Suite package. I really can't see them offering Sam4_Suite with an old 32 bit SF_11.
Yeah>> we are talking about Magix and their unfathomable marketing strategies>>> :shrug:

Magix are just too strange to deal with for me - Samplitude is a good DAW but the price varies from reasonable to crazy and I have no idea what sort of improvements there will be in the future - if any. Spectralayers is a great sound design tool that needs further development but again it is impossible to judge how much development there will be and the upgrade pricing for small improvements seems ridiculous.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”