Ableton Live 10 themes

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank for the link. That discontinued freeware editor is pretty cool. :tu:

Anyway, looks like the previous .ask format is binary.

LawrenceF wrote:Here's something to play with on Windows, a small editor for those xml theme files.

Download 1.0.0.0

Genius! Thanks! Yellow buttons eradicated. BTW, the buttons are "ChosenDefault" item in this cool editor.

Heeey, Lawrence, thanks a bunch! Demoing Live 10 over here, and just noticed this. Seems very cool, being able to color specific elements again, phew.

Thanks guys. I'm glad you're finding it useful. I don't use Live but there's so much "me, me, me" selfish stuff on the net, and I always feel good when I can help others in some small way, and good Karma has a way of coming back.

Adding the Alpha slider was the next to last bit. To be truly complete it needs a text explanation for every theme object as a reference. If you guys want to compile that listing and post it I'll add it and call it done.

P.S., the Ableton graphic on it isn't fluff. I more thought I might later add another different product to it so the graphic in that case would change to indicate editing a theme for another product, so I left the app title generic ... "Theme Editor" ... and used the upper right graphic for (maybe down the road) switching to another product.

LawrenceF wrote:Thanks guys. I'm glad you're finding it useful. I don't use Live but there's so much "me, me, me" selfish stuff on the net, and I always feel good when I can help others in some small way, and good Karma has a way of coming back.
Right on. And I imagine this is a tool that will easily be used for years to come, as long as the theme format doesn't change, just like the previous theme editor for the old format was. Did you post this on the Ableton forum already btw?

:tu:

I took the liberty to make a "Live 10 Theme Editor by LawrenceF" thread in the main section there, linking to ^ that post of yours in the Tips & Tricks section. (The Ableton forum is a bit funnily organized that way, I mean, most people seem to follow the main "Music and Audio Production" forum, mostly, and very sporadically peek elsewhere. Despite its name it has actually come to contain... everything Live related, really.)

Thanks man. I added color matching to the search. It works like this...

- Check "Stay on Top" so that the editor will stay on top of Live and then load, say, the Dark theme in Live.
- Load the Dark theme in the editor
- Focus the search text box, have a blinking cursor in it, and then hover the mouse over a color in Live
- Hit F and all objects in the theme that match the color under the mouse cursor will list in the search results list.

... making it easier to find the theme object for a thing. It doesn't take Alpha into account, the matching, just root RGB.

Download 1.0.0.1

That's very useful, cheers. Hmmh, the thread I made got moved to The Lounge without any explanation, dang :borg: ... I guess it wasn't music production related enough, huh. Even though there are threads on all aspects of Live over there, like... even dealing with the manual and fonts and such. Oh well. I hope people read the Lounge and Tips & Tricks enough to find this :P

LawrenceF wrote:Thanks man. I added color matching to the search. It works like this...

- Check "Stay on Top" so that the editor will stay on top of Live and then load, say, the Dark theme in Live.
- Load the Dark theme in the editor
- Focus the search text box, have a blinking cursor in it, and then hover the mouse over a color in Live
- Hit F and all objects in the theme that match the color under the mouse cursor will list in the search results list.

... making it easier to find the theme object for a thing. It doesn't take Alpha into account, the matching, just root RGB.

Download 1.0.0.1
Nice addition! Beats finding colors in my old fashioned way, analyzing colors in Live screenshots using Paint.

Still haven't found the label to make the arrangement grid background more contrasting. (Vertical lines)
Anyone else an idea?

Really nice out-of-the-box thinking, thanks again!

Includes a coin miner. No thanks.

Rivanni wrote:Includes a coin miner. No thanks.
What does that mean, does it install malware?

Yes, please clarify and substantiate your claim of malware.

Rivanni wrote:Includes a coin miner. No thanks.
No it doesn't.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”