Ableton Live 10 themes

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zenophilix wrote:So wait, we have to edit text files now? Because I was using an online theme edtior( https://skin.pastel.li/ ) that looked like it was meant for v9, and it worked fine.

Clearly a bit of a fail, was trying to use the colors from FL, since during the demo the color scheme always seemed pretty easy on the eyes, but the image on the theme editor only showed the library.
They changed the format to XML.

I'm surprised it accepts old skins at all, but it does, but seems the colors don't fit 100% the new UI.

That editor you posted is still useful as the names for the stuff seems similar, so you can preview and check what is what.

pottering wrote:
zenophilix wrote:So wait, we have to edit text files now? Because I was using an online theme edtior( https://skin.pastel.li/ ) that looked like it was meant for v9, and it worked fine.

Clearly a bit of a fail, was trying to use the colors from FL, since during the demo the color scheme always seemed pretty easy on the eyes, but the image on the theme editor only showed the library.
They changed the format to XML.

I'm surprised it accepts old skins at all, but it does, but seems the colors don't fit 100% the new UI.

That editor you posted is still useful as the names for the stuff seems similar, so you can preview and check what is what.
Odd. I might try some more old skins to see if those are accepted too. THe editor I linked could have just been updated quickly. Colors are more my fault, it didn't give me a a view of the full screen, so I was purely picking colors based on how it looks on the brwoser. :P

Edit: Someone should replicate that Live 10 concept design someone made a while ago... :ud:
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
OzoneJunkie wrote:Ah, I see, thanks. So is there any way to change that yellow color that's used for buttons like Mute, etc?
use a text editor
open the dark theme (03Dark.ask in the ressources folder)
lines 119, 120, 121 : change the rgb values

no more yellow button :-)

Image (https://postimg.org/image/7zvg4zgwz/)

elbo wrote:
OzoneJunkie wrote:Ah, I see, thanks. So is there any way to change that yellow color that's used for buttons like Mute, etc?
use a text editor
open the dark theme (03Dark.ask in the ressources folder)
lines 119, 120, 121 : change the rgb values

no more yellow button :-)
Nice. Thank you :tu:

Aha! Anyone has Frost theme from Live 9 to share? I already uninstalled mine :?
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

With that being simple xml it should be easy enough to code a graphic theme editor for it... but I suppose everyone would just wait for someone else to do it.

Could probably knock that up in Windows in 90 minutes or so.

DJ Warmonger wrote:Aha! Anyone has Frost theme from Live 9 to share? I already uninstalled mine :?
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wbcfv1jpw ... 5Frost.ask

Here's something to play with on Windows, a small editor for those xml theme files.

Download 1.0.0.1

Last edited by LawrenceF on Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:54 pm, edited 11 times in total.

zenophilix wrote:
DJ Warmonger wrote:Aha! Anyone has Frost theme from Live 9 to share? I already uninstalled mine :?
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wbcfv1jpw ... 5Frost.ask
God bless your lovely persona :tu:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

LawrenceF wrote:Here's something to play with on Windows, a small editor for those xml theme files.
Thanks for this.

It would be great if it could Load Live 9 theme/skin formats, so we can edit and port those themes to 10.
Would it be possible for you to implement that?

Nice, thanks for the tool!

Thanks LawrenceF :)

zeep wrote:It would be great if it could Load Live 9 theme/skin formats, so we can edit and port those themes to 10. Would it be possible for you to implement that?
Not sure. What file format are they? Plain text or xml, etc,etc, anything readable, is pretty easy to parse and edit and do anything you want with it but binary files, not so much. Likely more work than I'm willing to put into this at any rate.

Honestly, for things that are readable like that you can "covert" most anything like that with an Excel spreadsheet.

Anyway, glad you find it useful. It didn't take very long to get it working but I kept tweaking it afterward anyway.

LawrenceF wrote:
zeep wrote:It would be great if it could Load Live 9 theme/skin formats, so we can edit and port those themes to 10. Would it be possible for you to implement that?
Not sure. What file format are they? Plain text or xml, etc,etc, anything readable, is pretty easy to parse and edit and do anything you want with it but binary files, not so much. Likely more work than I'm willing to put into this at any rate.

Honestly, for things that are readable like that you can "covert" most anything like that with an Excel spreadsheet.

Anyway, glad you find it useful. It didn't take very long to get it working but I kept tweaking it afterward anyway.
.ask, afaik it's a proprietary format. Opening them in notepad results in recognizable text though, so maybe. :hihi:

LawrenceF wrote:Not sure. What file format are they? Plain text or xml, etc,etc, anything readable, is pretty easy to parse and edit and do anything you want with it but binary files, not so much. Likely more work than I'm willing to put into this at any rate..
I can't say for sure what format the old skins are.
Either way, you'd have to put more time into it, and i understand if you have other things to do. :tu:

There was a free skin editor that could open them. Discontinued. Found here:
https://web.archive.org/web/20121218073 ... itor.shtml

Link to the old Ableton Live Skin Editor here.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”