Cubase tempo problem

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys !

I've issues with the tempo in a Cubase ( 7.5 ) project.

The tempo mode is set to fixed - 130 BPM.
So, no tempo track is used.

However the pre-count tempo is faster then the tempo of the song.

When I check the temp , by tapping it, it turns out to be 123 BPM.

Even worse - it feels like the tempo after a while drop a bit more. Very little. One just feels it drop a little.

Any idea why it is like this and what I can do about it?

Thjkanks in advance ! :)

We'd need a bit more info: do you have audio tracks, any MIDI? Then, say there is MIDI, we'll ask such things as 'are the tracks set to musical time?'...

For me a screen shot of the project window (including the transport bar) might help.
rsp
sound sculptist

jancivil wrote:We'd need a bit more info: do you have audio tracks, any MIDI? Then, say there is MIDI, we'll ask such things as 'are the tracks set to musical time?'...
I had a few audio tracks. But later i removed them.
Currently there are only "Instrument Tracks " , so that's MIDI.
One of the "Instrument Tracks " are playing a rex2 file.

I think (I've to check when I open my DAW) the Instrument Tracks are set to Musical Mode . But the audio tracsk wehere not - I think. I've to double check that.

I'm thinking time signature and the settings in metronome click dialog for divisions of click.
But don't know if that is added after 7.5 or not.

Well, regardless of the metronome clicks the actual tempo is not the same as shown. If it says 130 BPM it , in my case, turns out to actually be 123 BPM.

In this case the metronome pre-count goes off in the set tempo (130 BPM ) and then goes down to the slower tempo.

Just remember - 12/8 signature and you set 150 bpm in daw makes it 100 bpm on external metronome.

Daws are governed by midi and and how that works with beats. So 4/4 triplets that is what you get as 12/8th.
And you need to fiddle with divisions some to get 4/4 beat click.

So there are some feature requests on Steinberg forum to freely make patterns like Digital Performer has, or to some degree Reaper.

A bit strange that it varies though, but count in always place start of bar and you don't use tempo track - so still strange. There are various options how count in works - from place when possible punch in and record start - or from where pre-roll starts.

if you set the project tempo to anything other than default then there is a tempo map. Pull it up and see if you accidentally put in some automation.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

I'll check the tempo track editor. However I'm using fixed mode. And so the tempo track is, should be, disabled. But I'll check the editor.

The tempo is, here, not affected by if I set the project to 12/8, 4/4 or anything else.

I opened a new, empty, project. It turned out that the problem is still there.
I've obviously accidentally changed something in the settings.

sfd wrote:
jancivil wrote:We'd need a bit more info: do you have audio tracks, any MIDI? Then, say there is MIDI, we'll ask such things as 'are the tracks set to musical time?'...
I had a few audio tracks. But later i removed them.
Currently there are only "Instrument Tracks " , so that's MIDI.
One of the "Instrument Tracks " are playing a rex2 file.

I think (I've to check when I open my DAW) the Instrument Tracks are set to Musical Mode . But the audio tracsk were not - I think. I've to double check that.
1) the Instrument Track playing a Rex2 file; could it be that this is the thing that is 123 BPM?
Unless you have made that audio file work with the Cubase tempo, it's going to be what it is, I believe. If there is a way in the instrument to make its loop conform with 'Host Tempo' it may work. If not...

2) The default for a MIDI track is musical time and bars and beats. The default for an audio track is linear. If you haven't dealt with it it's ~99.99% chance it's the default settings.

Hi, if anyone else has come across this problem as I just did... After a bit of tweaking and trial & error I realized that my projet sample rate was not set correctly... Then my count-in (or precount) tempo was fixed and became the same as the project tempo.
Hope this helps. Cheers!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”