thank god for studio one 3.51

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

chk071 wrote: 3.5 was released barely a few months ago.
Its not even been two months yet. 3.5.0 released on 5/23, then 3.5.1 on 6/23. We daw users perpetually have our eyes on the next shiny thing over the hill. :)

I'm happy with 3.5 now.

Done my tweaks and got improved performance, less cpu.

How cool is that :)

Question to S1 users

When I use the midi editor to add keyswitch notes to articulate Kontakt instruments, the notes I add are often ignored, like I never put them there.

It only seems to work properly if I actually play the keyswitch and record it live.

Anyone else get midi edit problems?
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

LawrenceF wrote:
chk071 wrote: 3.5 was released barely a few months ago.
Its not even been two months yet. 3.5.0 released on 5/23, then 3.5.1 on 6/23. We daw users perpetually have our eyes on the next shiny thing over the hill. :)
Yeah... and as i know me, i will probably upgrade anyway, so i wouldn't mind it still being half a year, or a year away, or so. :P

kevvvvv wrote:I'm happy with 3.5 now.

Question to S1 users

When I use the midi editor to add keyswitch notes to articulate Kontakt instruments, the notes I add are often ignored, like I never put them there.

It only seems to work properly if I actually play the keyswitch and record it live.

Never saw that. So programmed keyswitches don't work, only recorded ones? Sounds odd. How are you adding them?

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
kevvvvv wrote:I'm happy with 3.5 now.

Question to S1 users

Never saw that. So programmed keyswitches don't work, only recorded ones? Sounds odd. How are you adding them?

May be a Kontakt thing (I don't use it), but I just tried it out with a couple of others and it works fine programming keyswitches. S1 3.5.1
Say NO to CLAP!

Bad news for me eh

I have a bug no one else has.

I'm only using Studio One's midi edit in the ordinary way.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Not seen this, but can't say I currently use keyswitching a great deal. Happy to try and replicate it if you want to describe details to copy, maybe using an Ultimate instrument?

kevvvvv wrote:Bad news for me eh

I have a bug no one else has.

I'm only using Studio One's midi edit in the ordinary way.
I have seen this , but not on S1 but Cubase, reloading Kontakt fixed it. One of those unrepeatable ones and manifested itself when drawing in keyswitches, are you up to date with your Kontakt?
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Looks like I will have to check out Studio one.

The thread topic is wrong; let me fix it:
"Thank god for Studio One"

don1thedon wrote:Not seen this, but can't say I currently use keyswitching a great deal. Happy to try and replicate it if you want to describe details to copy, maybe using an Ultimate instrument?
Studio One doesn't have an articulation manager of any kind, it's one of the higher voted FR's.

There's a couple of methods that work better than clicking in midi notes in the key editor for articulations. One of them is using macros to quickly create and edit overlaying key switch clips on the arrange tracks. This has the obvious benefit of both always easily seeing where the switches are and also retaining the freedom to transpose from arrange without also breaking the key switches (which of course would also transpose the articulation note pitches otherwise).

:tu: Great add LawrenceF

LawrenceF wrote:
don1thedon wrote:Not seen this, but can't say I currently use keyswitching a great deal. Happy to try and replicate it if you want to describe details to copy, maybe using an Ultimate instrument?
Studio One doesn't have an articulation manager of any kind, it's one of the higher voted FR's.

There's a couple of methods that work better than clicking in midi notes in the key editor for articulations. One of them is using macros to quickly create and edit overlaying key switch clips on the arrange tracks. This has the obvious benefit of both always easily seeing where the switches are and also retaining the freedom to transpose from arrange without also breaking the key switches (which of course would also transpose the articulation note pitches otherwise).
Hi Lawrence,

Interesting. Would it be possible for you to explain how to create the Macros to quickly create and edit overlaying key switch clips on the arrrange tracks ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Muziksculp wrote: Hi Lawrence,

Interesting. Would it be possible for you to explain how to create the Macros to quickly create and edit overlaying key switch clips on the arrrange tracks ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp
+1, or maybe just point in the right direction, or maybe I could just try and find it myself, never really delved into the macro stuff as such, I'm old
Say NO to CLAP!

keyswitch per voices( note/channel) could be great too....

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”