thank god for studio one 3.51

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

@woodsdenis. I've had issues with studio one and got the help I needed. If you been repeating the same issues and complaints for three or more months on kvr then try to do something about it. Or like I did when I had cubase I moved on. Bug fixes were not a priority when I owned it. It's funny because in some of the studio one user groups I notice cubase users lurking asking questions about studio one or why is S1 better than steinberg. We actually have the developers interacting with users who have issues and we can send them crash reports. Good luck with steinberg with that and getting help from support. If your happy with cubase, then studio one's issues shouldn't concern that person (since they are using something else).
Last edited by beatmangler443 on Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

incubus wrote:But saying anything bad is trolling, especially with you-know-who lurking about..............

Honestly. W/O judgments. I hear nothing but complaining 50% of the time w/o me. Why do people keep trolling me as the enemy where it's YOU that has to deal with all the bugs and crapyness of the product?
You should really avoid support forums then. They're full of complaints. You could think that there's nothing but issues with the respective software, even if it's a mere 5% which actually HAVE issues with it. ;)

woodsdenis wrote:
beatmangler443 wrote:
incubus wrote:But saying anything bad is trolling, especially with you-know-who lurking about..............

Honestly. W/O judgments. I hear nothing but complaining 50% of the time w/o me. Why do people keep trolling me as the enemy where it's YOU that has to deal with all the bugs and crapyness of the product?
Stop posting in threads about studio one. You keeps doing this bs. It's getting tiring. We get you don't like or have had issues with it. Move on already.
I think it's fair to say that you should stop posting too if that is the case, failing to see any kind of issues at all is equally as disengenious. Your posts consist of mindless platitudes most of the time. You may disagree with the tone of incubus's posts but the substance is valid. It is a acknowledged now that the majority of issues are on the Mac platform, so if somebody is flagging them and you are using a windows machine, criticising them for posting is trolling too.

I have just upgraded to 3.51 as I have numerous old V2 projects I need to open. For all that it is brilliant for, it still is too unstable, too many crashes. For the record I used it constantly in V2 until it became unusable and then switched to Cubase a few years ago, Initial V3 releases were worse 3.51 is definitely a big improvement.
Take a look at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXic4VHqgf0

Why would you use Low Dropout protection on a large project? He could've got more tracks and plugins with a higher dropout, but I think he wanted to use the same latency for all daws.

beatmangler443 wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:
beatmangler443 wrote:

Stop posting in threads about studio one. You keeps doing this bs. It's getting tiring. We get you don't like or have had issues with it. Move on already.
I think it's fair to say that you should stop posting too if that is the case, failing to see any kind of issues at all is equally as disengenious. Your posts consist of mindless platitudes most of the time. You may disagree with the tone of incubus's posts but the substance is valid. It is a acknowledged now that the majority of issues are on the Mac platform, so if somebody is flagging them and you are using a windows machine, criticising them for posting is trolling too.

I have just upgraded to 3.51 as I have numerous old V2 projects I need to open. For all that it is brilliant for, it still is too unstable, too many crashes. For the record I used it constantly in V2 until it became unusable and then switched to Cubase a few years ago, Initial V3 releases were worse 3.51 is definitely a big improvement.
What has a video on Reasons relatively bad VST performance got to do with you being a troll?

If you really believe tha S1 is the best DAW and continue to post that belief why then can't someone with an opposing view do the same.

Finally it's only a piece software not a life changing event.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Man, the video he posted it shows that Studio One 3.5 has better performance than Reason.

I haven't tried 3.51 but 3.5 was awful. Granted I am using a tablet so I am not the norm. I went from no issues (3.4 I believe) to really bad performance. No matter what settings I tried it was dropping out with 100 percent cpu used when in reality hardly any was being used, I gave up and restored my hard drive. I'll sit on the old version and if Reason 10 is the shit, I'll switch. It seems to me Presonous focuses on features geared towards people playing and recording an from an instrument vs using vst's. I need a more midi pattern based daw. I'm waiting to see if Reason's new owner is going to make Reason worth buying.

Been working smoothly lately.
Last edited by beatmangler443 on Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Had a look at my mate's Studio One v3.5 (not sure if .1 or not), he was showing me a track he was working on and during the playback I could see automation lane visible and active on a delay plugin (stock) which seemed all fine. But for some strange reason, even with the automation being read, a few seconds into it the automation readout jumped to -inf and the rest of the automation was ignored. He's on Mac, not sure which OSX (likely one or two at most down from latest).

Just putting this out there as I've not come across a DAW doing this in this way. I did mention to him to tell Presonus of his bug find, as that's something I would do to. Help them to help you, that sort of mantra.

Anyone else come across this similar problem before?
yep still on the 16 bar loop... :D

woodsdenis wrote: What has a video on Reasons relatively bad VST performance got to do with you being a troll?

If you really believe tha S1 is the best DAW and continue to post that belief why then can't someone with an opposing view do the same.

Lolz, I love you man, but it's not how the hive thinks :lol:

Studio one 3.5 is God on my system. If you must know, I'm on crappy Sierra.

woodsdenis wrote:
beatmangler443 wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:
beatmangler443 wrote:

What has a video on Reasons relatively bad VST performance got to do with you being a troll?

The video was just comparing the performance with studio one. If you need helps getting it working, I'd recommend doing a support ticket. The studio one developers seem pretty active on facebook, as I've sent crash logs etc. Back to Faderport 8 and studio one. :phones:

I wonder if Studio One Pro 3.5.1 is the last update before version 4 is released ?

Any speculations ?

No clue, but I seriously doubt it. I've never seen a product stop at such an early dot version number (x.x.1) after a major change before moving to the next major version.

I really hope that version 4 is far, far away. At least, at the moment, i really can't justify upgrading again... as Lawrence, i really can't imagine it, though. 3.5 was released barely a few months ago.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”