thank god for studio one 3.51

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

I've had more crashes with 3.5 since ever.

Testing 3.51 now. So far so good.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

I thank Presonus actually :hihi:

I'm really happy for the current direction of optimising and fixing what's there, I'm thinking to move slowly from Cubase now :D

I have tested Dune 2 with multithreaded enabled yesterday and it works great (I had problems with the previous version). I also tested the iPad S1 remote control and it works great! Really nice to work with the transport/mixer ..etc It also very easy to setup, just remember to enable an option in S1 in the computer to be discoverable by the remote control.

I also bought Notion for iOS and it works great, so I it was a Presonus happy day yesterday for me :D

Hmmm, I think the multi-core option related to the VSTi is still needs some work :( I have tested Bazille with the same buffer and setup in both S1 and Cubase. While S1 is doing a good job distributing the load on the cores, it is with crackles when playing chords :( In Cubase with the same setup, there are no crackles at all.

So, I will stay with Cubase till I see Presonus has fixed this :)

I still get crashes related to switching tracks quickly, when the plugin is open in the 2nd monitor.

Like S1 can't keep up with my flicking channels quickly, if that makes any sense.

2nd monitor is a new thing, installed at the same time as v3.5, so I don't know which one to blame.

But I get other overload issues, crackling, as well. Seem to max out cpu more easily than before. Maybe I need to change some multicore settings somewhere. Don't know.

Maybe it's a graphics driver issue. I don't know. Never happened before. It'll mean 1/2 day of buggering around, testing options, rebooting etc.

I'm on a w10 dual monitor fairly well powered machine.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Also, on Win 10 there are some issues with iLok plugins due to the driver not being officially compatible.

Only Sly-fy Kaya has been a problem for me out of the approx 40 I have installed, my other Sly-fy plugins are fine.

Solution is to run it in Win8 compatibility mode.

Thanks to Nathan at Kush for the quick response and the below link :tu:

http://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/210050383
Amazon: why not use an alternative

kevvvvv wrote:I still get crashes related to switching tracks quickly, when the plugin is open in the 2nd monitor.

Like S1 can't keep up with my flicking channels quickly, if that makes any sense.

2nd monitor is a new thing, installed at the same time as v3.5, so I don't know which one to blame.

But I get other overload issues, crackling, as well. Seem to max out cpu more easily than before. Maybe I need to change some multicore settings somewhere. Don't know.

Maybe it's a graphics driver issue. I don't know. Never happened before. It'll mean 1/2 day of buggering around, testing options, rebooting etc.

I'm on a w10 dual monitor fairly well powered machine.
FWIW I have always used 2 monitors, and have never had the issue described, nor anything like it to be honest. I have seen over the years some people have had issues (not necessarily relating to Studio One) when using multiple monitors when the monitors are of different size, different resolutions etc, I don't know the in's and out's of it, nor whether that is a problem, but I have read it here and there, I have always used 2 identical monitors. Also no issues with any 'overloading'. Studio One 3 Pro has been rock solid for me since switching over from SONAR Platinum just after S13's release, and with the 3.5 and 3.5.1 releases it's only got better, couldn't be happier.
Say NO to CLAP!

I'm using Studio One Pro 3.5.1 on Windows 8 Pro , With two Dell 23" Monitors, no issues, everything running very smooth.

Not sure what is causing your issues, but you could email Presonus/Studio One Pro Tech. Support., they might be able to help you sort this out.

By setting the power options to 'High Performance', I begin to have better results in S1. Still depends on the preset it seems! Sometimes enabling the multi-core or multi-thread in the VSTi doesn't make any problem (works as expected), but with some other presets, it causes crackles!

So, it seems, I begin to understand which setup is problematic for S1 and I'm trying to avoid it. The reason I want to use S1 is because I have upgraded to Notion 6 and I like a lot the integration between the two hosts (Midi and Audio) without the need for ReWire or any other Protocol except the Network which makes working with two Computers really nice (while controlling S1 mixer/transport with iPad :D ).

But saying anything bad is trolling, especially with you-know-who lurking about..............

Honestly. W/O judgments. I hear nothing but complaining 50% of the time w/o me. Why do people keep trolling me as the enemy where it's YOU that has to deal with all the bugs and crapyness of the product?

I'm happily enjoying S1 on windows 7, so not sure what you mean by all the bugs and 'crapyness'.

Are you sure you're not letting the forum experience (theirs and this one) cloud your present judgement a smidgeon?

incubus wrote:But saying anything bad is trolling, especially with you-know-who lurking about..............

Honestly. W/O judgments. I hear nothing but complaining 50% of the time w/o me. Why do people keep trolling me as the enemy where it's YOU that has to deal with all the bugs and crapyness of the product?
There is a difference between saying something 'bad' and 'negative'. I'm sure you know this ;)

Trolling is an attitude more than just 'bad' or 'negative' words. This attitude can be felt by most everyone here, and your attitude was always against Presonus, although you keep trying to prove that you are partial, which I don't think so in this case.

Do you have a personal reason other than 'Performance negatives'? I mean it is not strange to have personal reasons. I do have a personal reason not to touch any IK Multimedia product and I'm biased against them! (although I don't like to go to their products threads and highlight whatever negatives about them there! I just ignore them).

IMO, Studio One v3.5.1 is not perfect but it is getting there. The main problem was the performance and now it is being addressed by the developers, so I anticipate it would gone completely with future updates (now it is almost gone). I still find myself going back and forth between Cubase and Studio One, but Studio One is much faster in loading, saving and exiting. It is also easier to install/reinstall.

There are some more functions regarding compositions in Cubase like Chords ..etc, but to be honest, I always use a pen and paper to write the scale and chords I want to use and keep experimenting as I do like to do my chord progression according to what I feel better in my music. All that made the differences blurs between S1 and Cubase. The workflow is almost the same really.

Now, for some instruments, Cubase has a better performance, but not that big difference, really! Anyway, most of my main instruments and synths are working great in S1 (Reaktor and Bazille are not with that great performance, but The Legend, Diva and Dune 2 are great and those are more important than the first ones in my setup).

incubus wrote:But saying anything bad is trolling, especially with you-know-who lurking about..............

Stop posting in threads about studio one. You keeps doing this bs. It's getting tiring. We get you don't like or have had issues with it. Move on already.

EnGee wrote:By setting the power options to 'High Performance', I begin to have better results in S1. Still depends on the preset it seems! Sometimes enabling the multi-core or multi-thread in the VSTi doesn't make any problem (works as expected), but with some other presets, it causes crackles!

So, it seems, I begin to understand which setup is problematic for S1 and I'm trying to avoid it. The reason I want to use S1 is because I have upgraded to Notion 6 and I like a lot the integration between the two hosts (Midi and Audio) without the need for ReWire or any other Protocol except the Network which makes working with two Computers really nice (while controlling S1 mixer/transport with iPad :D ).
You gotta optimize your computer for music production. Setting the computer to high performance is one of the most common things to change for optimizing your computer.

beatmangler443 wrote:

Stop posting in threads about studio one. You keeps doing this. It's getting tiring. We get you don't like or have had issues with it. Move on already.

beatmangler443 wrote:

Stop posting in threads about studio one. You keeps doing this bs. It's getting tiring. We get you don't like or have had issues with it. Move on already.
I think it's fair to say that you should stop posting too if that is the case, failing to see any kind of issues at all is equally as disengenious. Your posts consist of mindless platitudes most of the time. You may disagree with the tone of incubus's posts but the substance is valid. It is a acknowledged now that the majority of issues are on the Mac platform, so if somebody is flagging them and you are using a windows machine, criticising them for posting is trolling too.

I have just upgraded to 3.51 as I have numerous old V2 projects I need to open. For all that it is brilliant for, it still is too unstable, too many crashes. For the record I used it constantly in V2 until it became unusable and then switched to Cubase a few years ago, Initial V3 releases were worse 3.51 is definitely a big improvement.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”