Korg Gadget for Mac now available

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Gadget

db3 wrote:No plugins in LE it would seem. See comparison chart
http://www.korg.com/uk/products/softwar ... ations.php
Thanks, didn't notice that tucked away in the "specifications" section -- I was thinking of "specifications" as "system requirements" only.

Anyway, I'm kind of relieved: this greatly lessens any desire I have to demo Gadget -- I don't really feel like playing around with a new host program, and this isn't really conducive to testing in the context of other plugins I use -- and so saves me the risk of spending a couple hundred bucks.

Muziksculp wrote:I wonder if there will be a PC version in the future ?
me too, especially for the LE version, one more free DAW with a few excellent included instruments !

Korg is on a roll - releasing Gadget for Nintendo Switch April 26!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/0 ... itch_eshop

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Just a quick update in Gadget for the Nintendo Switch.

+Great implementation. Very easy to use with the Switch.
-No Export to other Gadget platforms or sync.
-Not all Gadgets are available.

At the moment it's Korg Gadget, fun but crippled. Maybe Korg will update it with missing Gadgets / Export functions in the future. One can hope.

/C
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Does anyone know if the Gadget versions of the Wavestation and M1 synths are identical in terms of content compared to the Legacy Collection?

Munin wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:22 am Does anyone know if the Gadget versions of the Wavestation and M1 synths are identical in terms of content compared to the Legacy Collection?
They are not the same plugins if that's what you mean. I feel the Gadget plugins have more in common with the iOS apps than the Legacy Collection.

/C

Yes I realise that they have at least a different GUI, hence I am wondering if in terms of the presets and expansion cards etc. they are functionally the same though?

I think they are more like simplified versions - but as far as I can see they are fully loaded with all the expansion cards.

/C

Munin wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:34 am Yes I realise that they have at least a different GUI, hence I am wondering if in terms of the presets and expansion cards etc. they are functionally the same though?
No they are very much stripped down. The M1 in Gadget is basically a preset selector. They give you 8 knobs or so to adjust things like OSC balance and FX mix, but nothing else. As for the Wavestation, you cannot fully edit wave sequences, so you're stuck adjusting the ones they give you. It's one of the many disappointing things about Gadget. :neutral:

jbw wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:47 am
Munin wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:34 am Yes I realise that they have at least a different GUI, hence I am wondering if in terms of the presets and expansion cards etc. they are functionally the same though?
No they are very much stripped down. The M1 in Gadget is basically a preset selector. They give you 8 knobs or so to adjust things like OSC balance and FX mix, but nothing else. As for the Wavestation, you cannot fully edit wave sequences, so you're stuck adjusting the ones they give you. It's one of the many disappointing things about Gadget. :neutral:
Good summary. I'd just like to add that the randomizer for the Gadget Wavestation is pretty nifty - and as far as I remember that doesn't exist in the Legacy Edition.

/C

jbw wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:47 am No they are very much stripped down. The M1 in Gadget is basically a preset selector. They give you 8 knobs or so to adjust things like OSC balance and FX mix, but nothing else. As for the Wavestation, you cannot fully edit wave sequences, so you're stuck adjusting the ones they give you. It's one of the many disappointing things about Gadget. :neutral:
At this point in time, does anyone actually want to do custom sound design in M1, or are they using it to get the classic organ and piano patches?

dangayle wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:40 pm
jbw wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:47 am No they are very much stripped down. The M1 in Gadget is basically a preset selector. They give you 8 knobs or so to adjust things like OSC balance and FX mix, but nothing else. As for the Wavestation, you cannot fully edit wave sequences, so you're stuck adjusting the ones they give you. It's one of the many disappointing things about Gadget. :neutral:
At this point in time, does anyone actually want to do custom sound design in M1, or are they using it to get the classic organ and piano patches?
Exactly it’s so much easier to use the sampler that ships with your DAW or even Kontakt.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

If the Gadgets for Mac are anything like theiOS versions, the Arp, M1, and Wavestation are fully functioning in Standalone. I’ve made presets for my iWavestation in Standalone that I can open later in Gadget mode. I have NO idea whether it works the same way for the Mac version but, I thought it was pretty cool to do on my iPad

DrGonzo wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:49 pm Just a quick update in Gadget for the Nintendo Switch.

+Great implementation. Very easy to use with the Switch.
-No Export to other Gadget platforms or sync.
-Not all Gadgets are available.

At the moment it's Korg Gadget, fun but crippled. Maybe Korg will update it with missing Gadgets / Export functions in the future. One can hope.

/C
Gadget for Nintendo Switch has been updated and now it's possible to sync your songs to both iOS and Mac. I honestly couldn't be happier. :party: :pray:

/C

I just noticed this on the Korg Gadget for Mac OS page store:

“Sales of this product have temporarily been suspended.

Please wait until it can be made available again.”

What’s that about?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”