Korg Gadget for Mac now available

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Gadget

I only use the VSTs in another DAW.

Okay, thank you for your answers. I can also use the plugins inside my daw(s) and I already do that, but since I have already paid for the whole package including the app, I would really like to be able to use that, too.

Soman wrote:Hallo! Just one question to my fellow Gadget for Mac Users with an (external) sound card with multiple outputs. I'm using a MOTU 828 MK3 Hybrid sound card on which I am using the digital outputs 15 and 16.
Now when I go to the settings in the Gadget for Mac App I cannot find the output channel setting anywhere.
This is so annoying! Or am I missing something?
Please don't recommend to use the default outputs or outputs 1 and 2. I can't, because my monitoring gear is connected to the digital output and I haven't had any problems with that in any other music daw or app.
Or should such a huge developer like Korg be really so dumb to forget this option? I can't believe this. I rather believe I overlooked something. Please help!
Navigate to:
KORG Gadget Menu > Preferences > Output Device

Is your MOTU listed there?

yep i use gadgat with bitwig 2 ...i try the DAW but....nothing better than Bitwig & Cubase 9

Gadget as an iPad app is really cool for composing on iPad during travel, commute etc. It has great midi editing capability even and tons of automation. It's also really quick and easy to learn.

Having gadget on the Mac makes many things much easier for me. It can be synced to iCloud Drive. For example Gadget has drum samplers where you can add your own samples. It is a bit tedious to do on the iPad but now you can use Gadget for Mac to add samples and you can set it up so the samples you add will be synced to the Gadget iPad app and vice versa.

It also makes for a much quicker workflow to export the midi files and get them into Pro Tools. I too, mainly got Gadget for Mac so I can bring the projects I start in gadget iPad into my DAW and use the gadget VI's there and not have to export audio from my iPad.

Maxwell Houser wrote:
Soman wrote:Hallo! Just one question to my fellow Gadget for Mac Users with an (external) sound card with multiple outputs. I'm using a MOTU 828 MK3 Hybrid sound card on which I am using the digital outputs 15 and 16.
Now when I go to the settings in the Gadget for Mac App I cannot find the output channel setting anywhere.
This is so annoying! Or am I missing something?
Please don't recommend to use the default outputs or outputs 1 and 2. I can't, because my monitoring gear is connected to the digital output and I haven't had any problems with that in any other music daw or app.
Or should such a huge developer like Korg be really so dumb to forget this option? I can't believe this. I rather believe I overlooked something. Please help!
Navigate to:
KORG Gadget Menu > Preferences > Output Device

Is your MOTU listed there?
Yes, my MOTU sound card is listed there. And I guess I would even get sound out of the main output. But that's not my point.

Soman wrote: Yes, my MOTU sound card is listed there. And I guess I would even get sound out of the main output. But that's not my point.
When you select the MOTU as your I/O device in Gadget, does it offer you any other choice, or it simply closes the dialog box?

And in System Preferences Sound panel, when you select MOTU, do you have ALL I/O ports listed there?
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
Soman wrote: Yes, my MOTU sound card is listed there. And I guess I would even get sound out of the main output. But that's not my point.
When you select the MOTU as your I/O device in Gadget, does it offer you any other choice, or it simply closes the dialog box?

And in System Preferences Sound panel, when you select MOTU, do you have ALL I/O ports listed there?
Thank you for trying to help. Gadget offers me no other choice when selecting my MOTU interface.
Here is a screenshot.
http://imgur.com/a/84j0h

In my system preferences all I/O ports are listed. Here is a screenshot of the out ports:
http://imgur.com/a/jVZGp

Thank you!

Soman wrote:
fmr wrote:

Thank you for trying to help. Gadget offers me no other choice when selecting my MOTU interface.
Here is a screenshot.
http://imgur.com/a/84j0h

In my system preferences all I/O ports are listed. Here is a screenshot of the out ports:
http://imgur.com/a/jVZGp

Thank you!
So, it's a shortcoming of Gadget itself (which doesn't surprise me). What you have to to do is writing Korg and make a statement that this needs to be addressed and corrected. Good luck with that though :scared:
Fernando (FMR)

Okay, I did. Thank you anyway! I hope they implement this in an update.

One thing to keep in mind is that when you open gadget in your DAW, you aren't actually opening gadget, you'll be opening the 'gadgets'. This makes the standalone version a bit different than whatever you decide to open up in your DAW, fyi.
Duality without regard to physicality

Version 1.1.0 available.

Milpitas gadget added.
Preview sound of gadgets added.
Improved the display behavior when switching tracks.
Improved the MIDI channel for Darwin by enabling Omni reception.
Other improvements have been made to enhance stability.

And there's the LE version I was hoping for.

I installed it and had a quick look. The Le version comes with 5 Gadgets and a limited number of tracks (I forgot to check the count). Connecting a Korg MIDI controller will unlock 3 more Gadgets and more tracks.

The 5 stock Gadgets are: London, Dublin, Marseille, Phoenix and Chicago.

The extra 3 you unlock via a controller are: Amsterdam, Brussels and Chiang Mai.

It looks like you don't have to keep the Korg controller connected to keep the unlocked features. Which is handy because I don't use my microKEY 25 with my desktop. I have a Launchkey 49 for that.
Image Image Image Image

Yes, I know I can download and install the LE myself, but before I spend the time and energy: does the LE version come with AU plugins too (so I can use in my DAW), or is the free version limited to using within the Gadget software itself?

SirkusPi wrote:Yes, I know I can download and install the LE myself, but before I spend the time and energy: does the LE version come with AU plugins too (so I can use in my DAW), or is the free version limited to using within the Gadget software itself?
No plugins in LE it would seem. See comparison chart
http://www.korg.com/uk/products/softwar ... ations.php

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”