Korg Gadget for Mac now available

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Gadget

fmr wrote:
Cinebient wrote: I still would much prefer an updated KLC over Gadget!
^^^ THIS ^^^ :tu:
Yeah....but i don't think Gadget is way overpriced really.
I mean Oddity 2 cost way over 100 alone and is not as good as Lexington for me (ArpOdyssei).
Count in another 30 VST/AU/AAX/NKS to use in any DAW or in Gadget itself it is not a bad deal.
Only compared to a thing like Logic or Mainstage which are beside freeware the biggest bang for buck i ever could imagine for what you get.
I had bought Gadget for mac if the AU's would include the full versions of ArpOdyssei and iWavestation.
It's annoying to have more advanced versions on my smartphone :D

i can tell you Gadget is not overpriced.Korg could have sold 199 $ the 30 vst without DAW , it would have been perfect , personnaly i don't use the DAW , Bitwig for composing and Cubase for mix..

I have a Korg Volca hardware and when i play with the gadget i have the feeling to own more 'synth' in a little box like Volca.
Gagdet call me back to the essential of music : creativity , no more huge super synth to tweak to sound correctly , i don't talk about stuff like Zebra (wich are not so hard to handle and allow you to enjoy your creative pulse).
For a long time i was looking for a cello , i have watch on youtube a lot of demo , nothing stick to my need , but the Gadget Darwin got the cello i was looking for , no the best cello ever modeled , but the one I want.I wanted so long to get ride of super tweakable synth and back to simplicity.

if you're looking for 1:1 emulation of minimoog so Gadget is not for you , but if you want to just make music so it is for you.

let your GAS be :D

hivkorn wrote:i can tell you Gadget is not overpriced.Korg could have sold 199 $ the 30 vst without DAW , it would have been perfect , personnaly i don't use the DAW
+1

Have to say I'm loving the gadgets—and I'm pretty sure Korg will be adding a few nice ones to the collection.

i hope they will keep the concept of 'cheap' price for the new one , i know a new one will come for free in a futur update ,but i can imagine all wich are not created already , and if they were only 10 $ each ! it would be great !

I wouldn't be surprised if the proposed $299 pricepoint reflects "The full lineup of all gadgets is included as standard"...on-going.

do you mean you think there will be a lot of another gadget not include in the futur?

hivkorn wrote:do you mean you think there will be a lot of another gadget not include in the futur?
That's my guess. For sure there will be more gadgets...and I'd be surprised if Korg put the price up to $299 for the gadget collection and then said this next gadget will cost you another $xx. I expect that's how Korg will validate the huge price difference on Mac. Fingers crossed. :D

i hope you're right!

Just found out a 1.0.1 update was released last week—which fixes the problem I was having with plugins crashing. Seems you need to open the DAW application to check for updates.

yep ! i got the update before the mail :D
every sound from the gadget "darwin" sound so familiar !

Hallo! Just one question to my fellow Gadget for Mac Users with an (external) sound card with multiple outputs. I'm using a MOTU 828 MK3 Hybrid sound card on which I am using the digital outputs 15 and 16.
Now when I go to the settings in the Gadget for Mac App I cannot find the output channel setting anywhere.
This is so annoying! Or am I missing something?
Please don't recommend to use the default outputs or outputs 1 and 2. I can't, because my monitoring gear is connected to the digital output and I haven't had any problems with that in any other music daw or app.
Or should such a huge developer like Korg be really so dumb to forget this option? I can't believe this. I rather believe I overlooked something. Please help!

do you try to set your output 15 & 16 as main output on OSX ?

Soman wrote:Hallo! Just one question to my fellow Gadget for Mac Users with an (external) sound card with multiple outputs. I'm using a MOTU 828 MK3 Hybrid sound card on which I am using the digital outputs 15 and 16.
Now when I go to the settings in the Gadget for Mac App I cannot find the output channel setting anywhere.
This is so annoying! Or am I missing something?
Please don't recommend to use the default outputs or outputs 1 and 2. I can't, because my monitoring gear is connected to the digital output and I haven't had any problems with that in any other music daw or app.
Or should such a huge developer like Korg be really so dumb to forget this option? I can't believe this. I rather believe I overlooked something. Please help!
If you go to the Audio Setup in you Mac System Preferences, do you see all the outputs (you have to choose the MOTU device and see what it has there defined)? If yes, then the Korg thing should allow you to choose whichever outputs are there, if Core Audio is fully supported
Fernando (FMR)

Thank you for trying to help!
I went to the audio settings and I recognized that the MOTU has it's own audio driver with it's specific settings for the main out so that I can choose the digital outputs 15 and 16 for my main outs.
(I can also choose to enable or disable the core audio controls here.)
And in every other audio app these settings work and I can set my digital outputs as the main outputs and I hear something.
It's only in Korg Gadget for Mac that I can't hear anything. Again, this is the only audio app in which my digital outputs do not work.
Slowly I am beginning to think that Korg really have forgotten to implement the possibility of multiple audio outputs besides the main outputs.

But what I find a lot stranger is the fact that obviously no one else here has this problem.
Do you all only use Korg Gadget for Mac with the default built in sound card and with the main outputs 1 and 2? Does no one use Gadget in his studio on a sound card with multiple outputs where he or she uses the digital outputs? I mean I am in a Korg Gadget for Mac thread here, or am I not? Well...

Soman wrote: But what I find a lot stranger is the fact that obviously no one else here has this problem.
Do you all only use Korg Gadget for Mac with the default built in sound card and with the main outputs 1 and 2? Does no one use Gadget in his studio on a sound card with multiple outputs where he or she uses the digital outputs? I mean I am in a Korg Gadget for Mac thread here, or am I not? Well...
I am not even using Gadget (nor do I plan to).

But if I would, I would only use the instruments as plug-ins inside other hosts. So, maybe the others that already bought Gadget here are also only using the instruments inside other hosts as well, therefore, didn't notice that limitation.

But this only reinforces my opinion that this is a very limited piece of soatware, not suitable for anything more demanding besides the occasional sketch work.
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”