NewSonicArts - Freestyle ...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Freestyle

Output's Arcade sampler plugin is not showing on Mac..I seem to remember there was mention of Output's plugins and Freestyle somewhere?

Hey James! I didn't realize you were hanging out here :)

I finally got around to checking out the Freestyle demo - well done. It's definitely an alternative to Kore, especially for people who never had it and wonder why there's still so much love for it.

Oh yeah - check your email

ew
A spectral heretic...

An audio recorder in Freestyle would be quite nice.

An option to disable all the fade in/out effects and animations which I find quite annoying when dealing with pretty much anything in Freestyle.

Facility to rename vendors and plugins (Kore could do that).

Yes, being able to change macro knob to a button would be nice, for those on/off parameters.

Having a live mode where we could switch between snapshots and preserve the tails from previous snapshot would be great (obviously this requires preloading the next snapshot into RAM, and it only makes sense when stepping through the list of snapshots in one direction, so no jumps between snapshots would need to be supported).

Nice plug , but I can do all that stuff natively in studio one :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:52 am Nice plug , but I can do all that stuff natively in studio one :tu:
Of course but that’s missing the point :tu:

pinki wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:21 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:52 am Nice plug , but I can do all that stuff natively in studio one :tu:
Of course but that’s missing the point :tu:
Glad you said it.

hi, could you help does Freestyle split the CPU load across multiple cores?
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

newsonicarts wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:36 am
kiezum wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:08 pm I'm trying out the demo. Can the event player play other timesignatures than 4/4? If the event player was more flexible I would buy Freestyle in a heartbeat.
Pleased to announce variable time-signatures are now supported in the latest Public Beta, v1.31 which is available now in the User Area.
Wow! I like it! Thanks.

Announcing New Sonic Arts KVR forum going live 26th September 2019. Come hang out. Come ask us questions.

Does freestyle have some kind of macro snapshot recall? That's something from Machine and Kore (the morph pads) that I'd love in another rack type plugin.

It does have snapshots yes.

+ you can recall Freestyle snapshots (first 128 snapshots) via Midi Program Change messages.

Well that sounds like a very useful plugin then! I wonder how that would work though when using clips in a live looping type program like Ableton live or Bitwig. If you have a program change message in a clip, I guess you just have to remember to move to another clip before tweaking parameters again (since when it loops back it will reset your parameters to the snapshot). But I guess follow actions would be good to avoid that.

Ideally I'd still like to have global snapshots that are independant of clips but this could be good while waiting/hoping for that in Bitwig. Can the snapshots be triggered by an automatable paramater? That would maybe be better. Or midi notes, like Minimonsta. That would be nice.

hmm..
i believe there should be a workaround for converting midi note message to PC message
with the E.G. insertpizhere midi plugins.

Yes you should be able to convert MIDI notes to program changes before they hit Freestyle.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”