NewSonicArts - Freestyle ...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Freestyle

yellukhan wrote: 1-
if i want to use "Freestyle Instrument (16 out vrs)" in Reaper as an FX Chain
for example just one instance vst FX "Tantra" (this is same even if i use an EQ plugin or even just native freestyle mixer)
Dry Signal always hear-able .. is it normal?
or is there is a settings that i missed?
Check the structure view, if the wires are only going through the FX unit, then I can only assume you have made some routing error in your host??
yellukhan wrote: tried also Freestyle Fx (2out) version
seems Midi Program Change doesn't work in this one.
I guess thats a host issue, or host config issue. ASFAIK Freestyle doesnt treat PG messages any different in the instrument vs FX version. But if anyone else has this issue please let me know.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Mjusick_73 wrote:I really love the concept of Freestyle. I spend much hours in testing every live host I found. Freestyle has for me the fastest workflow. :tu:
Thanks!

Mjusick_73 wrote:why does mod wheel (CC1) gets CC64 (Damper Pedal / Sustain Pedal)
Ouch... that is a nasty bug introduced in the last public release (when addressing some sustain pedal issues) . Unfortunately it had not been reported until now. I do apologise. It is already fixed in our internal build, and there will be a public release ASAP...

I have reviewed your request list, don't have time unfortunately to comment on all points, but a couple I have in case you may have missed some existing functionality...

Mjusick_73 wrote:- change Snapshot not only with programm change -> to use programm change for other purpose -> i
You can disable MIDI PG for Snapshot recall in the Snapshots panel menu.

Mjusick_73 wrote: - scalable VST Gui (in Cubase as VST it's not scalable like in the Standalone
You can't free drag the window, but you can choose from one of several sizes in the prefs dialog

Mjusick_73 wrote: - Price to high (compared to e.g. Cantabile or Forte which have a lot more functions that I miss in Freestyle ... [but unfortionately no rewire or VST-Version])
Well, Cantabile full version is more expensive than Freestyle, and Forte has just been discontinued. I'm not saying Freestyle is cheap, but can't see how its unreasonable. (Tempted to go into a developer rant on how the actual problem today is that the market prices in general have been crushed so low, and thats why you will continue to see more abandonware and closures... but hey, it is how it is... :( )

And also IMHO ofc, Freestyle is simply much cooler than the alternatives :p
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Movement (Output) doesn't appear using Freestyle(1.2.512) within Logic (10.4.1) under High Sierra (10.13.3).

Movement freezes PC completely in Freestyle on win 7 64 bit (and in evry daw while trying to update vst database). Already have written to support a weak ago but no answer so far.

Please see the post on this thread I made earlier. We are in communication with Output on this issue.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Sorry, just overseen the post on the site before :oops: , really hope you can find a way to solve this.

Mr. James, I know you've left NI, but are there any plans on marrying Freestyle with NKS at some point?

newsonicarts wrote: Check the structure view, if the wires are only going through the FX unit, then I can only assume you have made some routing error in your host??
newsonicarts wrote: I guess thats a host issue, or host config issue. ASFAIK Freestyle doesnt treat PG messages any different in the instrument vs FX version. But if anyone else has this issue please let me know.
Hi,
here is a new ( &much proper i hope) basic video to show what i am trying to describe..
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k--uP ... qRVE8a_Z79

Freestyle FX vs INST versions (x64) in Reaper 5 (x64)
1- Audio Input / Output differences (INST version allows to pass through dry signal..since its instrument this might be a decision ..i don't know)
2-Midi PC doesn't work in FX version.
&
sync weirdness with some plugins ..
if i try to express in my limited knowledge:
seems some plugins (i am using Tantra Vst as an example) runs free mode and doesn't obey to host start stop messages in both Freestyle (FX and INST) versions.

and as a final
let me cry one more time for Midi Bank Change support
128 Banks X 128 Presets! .. 16 000+ almost limitless to me :)
this is of course not relevant directly to Live usage but
especially for hosting the plugins that has no Midi Program Change support,
creating snapshots of the plugin presets and recalling / switching them
via Midi Bank + Program Change messages (with no 128 limit!)
would great IMHO. :roll:

Thanks in Advance!
Yıldırım.

Hi NSA 8D
I like the cool look/function of this-
but I get a bad crash atm.
I have a Presonus AudioBox 1818VSL with current drivers.
When I select an audio input 'line/mic' 3-8 the program crashes.
I am on Win10 current.
Would appreciate a fix-
I can evaluate FreeStyle then.
Cheers!
Nick, PhonicsAudio

newsonicarts wrote:Tempted to go into a developer rant
I like you :hug:

nix808 wrote:Hi NSA 8D
I like the cool look/function of this-
but I get a bad crash atm.
I have a Presonus AudioBox 1818VSL with current drivers.
When I select an audio input 'line/mic' 3-8 the program crashes.
I am on Win10 current.
Would appreciate a fix-
I can evaluate FreeStyle then.
Cheers!
Nick, PhonicsAudio
Hi Nick. Ok I would need to run some diagnostics with you on that particular card probably, will PM you later.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

yellukhan wrote: Freestyle FX vs INST versions (x64) in Reaper 5 (x64)
1- Audio Input / Output differences (INST version allows to pass through dry signal..since its instrument this might be a decision ..i don't know)
As I said, that's a host issue, it's just the way Reaper works. If you put an audio file on an VSTi track, it will mix both the VSTi and the audio file. Try it with any other VSTi...

yellukhan wrote: 2-Midi PC doesn't work in FX version.
I haven't tested it, but I am sure that is also a host issue. Not all hosts will allow you to route MIDI PG or controllers etc to FX slots, or at least not in a an intuitive way. I'm not a Reaper user, I'd suggest you ask some Reaper users about this.

yellukhan wrote: sync weirdness with some plugins ..
Have you made sure that the structure event input is routed to the FX event input? If you don't do this, Freestyle can't pass clock signals to it. (FWIW this is something I would like to see improved in future, so that when not connected, plugins will automatically sync to the global clock).

yellukhan wrote: and as a final
let me cry one more time for Midi Bank Change support
128 Banks X 128 Presets! .. 16 000+ almost limitless to me :)
I don't see any use-case for having 16000+ presets in a live set, or for automating track states in a host. Sounds like you are trying to use the Snapshots list as a browser, and that's not the intention. Future versions of Freestyle will have a user presets database (like PatchCloud, but for your own presets) and I believe that is rather what you are looking for, plus MIDI navigation of the results of course.

In general, I would kindly ask all users to send support requests to support@newsonicarts.com, rather than on public forums. I only dip in here now and again.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

EvilDragon wrote:Mr. James, I know you've left NI, but are there any plans on marrying Freestyle with NKS at some point?
To me, Freestyle would make more sense as an NKS host (replacing Komplete Kontrol) rather than an instrument I guess, and I don't think the NKS licence is for that purpose. But what integration features would you have in mind?
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

no worries-
I 'll try to help as best I can.

The output selector works, it doesn't crash on highlight different outs.
Will give you my mail once I get the pm.

Thank you!

newsonicarts wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Mr. James, I know you've left NI, but are there any plans on marrying Freestyle with NKS at some point?
To me, Freestyle would make more sense as an NKS host (replacing Komplete Kontrol) rather than an instrument I guess, and I don't think the NKS licence is for that purpose. But what integration features would you have in mind?
Well getting LightGuide going at least would be neat (showing splits and so on, because KK can't even do that as it stands now, LOL, as they can't load more than one instrument in, LOL again). Then macro controls of Freestyle could be pagerized to match how controller pages in NKS work (not sure if this is already possible in Freestyle, I'll be honest and say I didn't fully check it out). But perhaps a more important thing would be reusing their patch database along with those super useful audio previews...

But yeah I'm not sure if NI would allow you to create another NKS host, even if you remained on good terms with them. Especially after they killed YOUR baby. :)

EDIT: Reading comprehension 0% over here (or was just tired when checking out your website). "Freestyle supports unlimited Macro pages, and drag-and-drop reordering of controls and pages." This is great. You can't even drag&drop reorder pages in KK/Maschine... which is really annoying when developing an NKS product, which I do quite often, being a Kontakt scripter.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”