NewSonicArts - Freestyle ...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Freestyle

^^
actually i would love to see especially Granite control / Host parameter values
exactly same as like in the GUI when i automate them in the DAW Envelopes!

yellukhan wrote:^^
actually i would love to see especially Granite control / Host parameter values
exactly same as like in the GUI when i automate them in the DAW Envelopes!
+1

I understand from the video you can sample a single VST... but if you have multiple VST's/effects wired together (maybe even with a keyboard split), can you sample the final output and send that to Nuance?

-Dan
Windows/Mac | Studio One, Live, Logic | Push 2, Maschine MKIII, Atom SQ | Presonus Quantum 2, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, | Fender, Godin, Taylor

danielh02 wrote:I understand from the video you can sample a single VST... but if you have multiple VST's/effects wired together (maybe even with a keyboard split), can you sample the final output and send that to Nuance?

-Dan
Good question! :)

At the moment no... but the this would be possible when the Group (container) module is implemented. Then you would encapsulate your rack inside a Group module and render that. No timeline for that though, but hopefully something for 2018...
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

This new update is fantastic. Well done.

L

Is MPE input a planned feature for Freestyle and other New Sonic Arts products? Pitchbend and parameter modulation per note, sample or grain would be great features.

Cheers,
tl.

I really love the concept of Freestyle. I spend much hours in testing every live host I found. Freestyle has for me the fastest workflow. :tu:
Unfortunately I have big a problem with hanging Notes in Freestyle (Tested it on two machines, both Win 10, as standalone and VST in Cubase).
This happens very often

-> [edit] Oh I'm a fool. I wrote it myself in my post below: "why does mod wheel (CC1) gets CC64 (Damper Pedal / Sustain Pedal)". I think the "hanging Notes" I wrote about came because I had moved the Mod Wheel a bit. So it had send CC64 (->Sustain Pedal) and the Notes were "hanging". But does anybody know why Freestyle is sending CC64 instead of CC1 to the plugin when moving the modwheel? [/edit]

and I can't find an Midi automatable "PANIC" or "stop all Notes" Button.
Another problem is often crashing while changing snapshots.

These major problems and some important features missing made me unhappily choose another application for my live settings. But I curiously and hopefully keep on watching the progress of Freestyle and I hope for further imrovements.

Here are my suggestions for future releases, hope no double postings or already implemented features (I hope they are understandable despite my bad english....):

- midi automatible PANIC Button (hanging Notes)!
- in the GUI-Options: Option to select size of instrument/Effect Thumbnails / or zoom Button
- change Snapshot not only with programm change -> to use programm change for other purpose -> instrument plugins (e.g. in FM8, Massive,... [and much VST instruments] I have organized my favorite Presets to load with midi program change) -> maybe right mouse button midi learn on snapshot name?
- Internal midi conversions (maybe in the Keysplit Module or event shaper, e.g. cc3 to cc7 or cc4 to program change,...)
- A midi input module to choose different midi inputs and Midi channels for different Instruments
- why does modwheel (CC1) gets CC64 (Damper Pedal / Sustain Pedal) -> possibility to set to standard CC1 (preferences?) -> I have so many presets where the Modwheel is already mapped to one or more parameter and I dont want to remap them all.
- "free" windows also for "internal Plugs"
- OSC commands
- scalable VST Gui (in Cubase as VST it's not scalable like in the Standalone Version)
- Keysplit: midi learn for highest/lowest Note
- remove plugins from the list --> "Sorry this plugin XXXX doesn't work with this host"....
- Preset System like Cantabile or Forte for Instrument Presets (FXP, FXB,?...)
- Better Manual
- very difficault to drag a plugin / instrument to the right place! (side by side or among themselves or one on an other to replace -> maybe snap to grid?)
- Version History on Website
- Event Player Midi learn Play & Record (->Looper function?)
- Event Player transpose recorded phrases with Keyboard like the Sequencer in VSL Instruments pro
- Show played Keys (on Hardware Keyboard) on Keysplit virtual Keyboard
- Rename Instruments in Keysplit (to differentiate between different instances of e.g. Kontakt) + Names in the Structure View (e.g if 3 Kontakt's....)

- Price to high (compared to e.g. Cantabile or Forte which have a lot more functions that I miss in Freestyle ... [but unfortionately no rewire or VST-Version])
Last edited by Mjusick_73 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It already supports presets (in standard formats) - it can also import them to its own format (with previews)

I agree that dragging is still a bit of a drag, it should be more freestyle :)

OK, that with the preset system I take back. I just have the demo version and if you load a preset from the file a "Demo Expired" Window pops up. So I did not try further before.
Now i found out that the preview funktion is great! And you have the ability to organize your presets in folders like e.g. "Leads" from different instruments and then give it a favorite star.
Another praise for the effectiveness of Freestyles workflow! :love:
Would be even greater to have the ability to load the presets with midi automation (or just next and pevious preset with midi-switches).

[quote="Mjusick_73"]I really love the concept of Freestyle. I spend much hours in testing every live host I found. Freestyle has for me the fastest workflow. :tu:

- Internal midi conversions (maybe in the Keysplit Module or event shaper, e.g. cc3 to cc7 or cc4 to program change,...)
- A midi input module to choose different midi inputs and Midi channels for different Instruments

First post on KVR. Work with Freestyle since 2 month and, for me, it is a great peace of software which speeds up my workflow significant. Freestyle ist perfect for jamming and making sketches which I use for making tracks and live sets (and much more...).

I strongly support the 2 request for internal midi routing/workflow. Would make the package even rounder.

Now I got the Patchcloud working. That's really a great feature! Especially with the preview function. But now I miss the standard CC1-Modwheel even more (e.g. at DIVA "Standard Presets!").
Another suggestion for the Patchcloud : Next / previous preset with midi button so that you could browse sounds with Controller / Keyboard. That would also be a great feature at the file Browser (Next / previous preset).

Hi,
finally found an alternative way to the paypal for purchase (Thanks to Andy)
& waiting my licence happily :)
testing a little deeper in demo mode
Freestyle (v1.2.512) x64
Reaper 5.75 x64

now the questions..
two things i noticed:
1-
if i want to use "Freestyle Instrument (16 out vrs)" in Reaper as an FX Chain
for example just one instance vst FX "Tantra" (this is same even if i use an EQ plugin or even just native freestyle mixer)
Dry Signal always hear-able .. is it normal?
or is there is a settings that i missed?

2-
tried also Freestyle Fx (2out) version
seems Midi Program Change doesn't work in this one.

that's all so far..

Warm Regards,
Yıldırım.

EDIT:
also both, Freestyle Instrument and Fx versions seems have Host Sync weirdness ..
here is a simple video .. i hope make sense..
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k3mWv ... ecdbSFfKKQ
Last edited by yellukhan on Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dont know if anybody already had mentioned but actual version crashes and freezes PC while trying to load Movement from Output. While checking database it shortly opens the window, then monitor freezes and PC freezes (win 7 64 bit).

Movement does not work in most DAW (only some exclusive ones) but Freestyle should by no way freeze PC if it comes to a VST it can not handle.

And there are eavil follow ups: If I load a project in Studio One (which is one of the few that should be supported thought it dont work for me) which includes Freestyle same problem with freezing the pc.

I know have just renamed the *dll to dllbug to be ignored but thats not a solution really.

tatanka wrote:Dont know if anybody already had mentioned but actual version crashes and freezes PC while trying to load Movement from Output.
It was reported to us recently, and communication has been initiated with Output. As soon as we receive our Output licence the issue will be investigated.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”