RELATED
PRODUCTS
Freestyle

http://www.newsonicarts.com/html/freestyle.php

interesting, will need to test it

Liking it so far,scan at start went smooth,will test it more tomorrow

Daags wrote:http://www.newsonicarts.com/html/freestyle.php

I get a page that states its only available to Beta Testers.

UncleAge wrote:
Daags wrote:http://www.newsonicarts.com/html/freestyle.php

I get a page that states its only available to Beta Testers.
me too.

i guess some beta testers spilled the beans. oops.

what is it?

Its a plugin host, for live performance I guess mostly. Pretty neat actually.
Macros for vst parameters, mixer section, key split. Graphical plugin manager.

Seems quite a stretch above something like IL's mini host, so far anyway. Probably
more on par with Cantabile, but with open gl acceleration.

*Its also a sample browser which can pass samples directly to NewSonicArts samplers.
Dunno about others as yet.

-Cheers

dayjob wrote:i guess some beta testers spilled the beans. oops.

nope. no beans were spilled.

Its out now,demo available at the link in 1st post

so is like NI kore a bit. very cool. will have to give the demo a look see :)

I wasn't convinced at all... As far as I could tell it's pretty much image line's mini host modular in a vertical configuration. You could say changing snapshots is more performance friendly here, but only incrementally so and not in a way that sets it apart from plugin chainers in general. On the other hand routing is more complicated, so take your pick...

I hope for their sake this was a by-product of something. But then maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

As a longtime user of Nuance and Granite - I would add Vice if there were some kind of 'own two get third at reduced price' offer - I know how dedicated NSA are about their products. How often they send update links and really try to make their products better.
I like the minimalistic approach and the ease of use.

I have been interested in Minihost, but it was never developed any further.

Now: do I 'need' Freestyle? What can it offer that CuBase does not?
Easier side-chaining perhaps? Less things I don't really need?

OpenGL is probably a huge benefit: I know from my 3D rendering software it calculates much faster than a CPU, provided the machine has a beafy vid card.

I am very tempted, to say the least.
Let's demo it.
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

ErikH wrote:As a longtime user of Nuance and Granite - I would add Vice if there were some kind of 'own two get third at reduced price' offer - I know how dedicated NSA are about their products. How often they send update links and really try to make their products better.
I like the minimalistic approach and the ease of use.

I have been interested in Minihost, but it was never developed any further.

Now: do I 'need' Freestyle? What can it offer that CuBase does not?
Easier side-chaining perhaps? Less things I don't really need?
I'm pretty sure there is a reduced price for the NEW SONIC SUITE if you own one of more products - just email them.

For me what this offers is a simple quick to load lightweight host that I can use if I just want to play instruments, try out various configurations and save them, and design sounds, without needing to load a more complex host (all of which load much more slowly than Freestyle). To perform and do sound design you don't necessarily need to use a full DAW, in fact I prefer something that doesn't get in the way of the instrument - this fills that need pretty well (on Mac it's also a nice way to get VST plugins into Logic).

Yeah the reduced price for the suite products you don't have comes up when your logged in,

Freestyle is also standalone,so doesn't need a daw,plus its real handy if you jump between different daws & want to bring your instruments & effects with you

You're right about the price: there's a crossgrade to suite. Tx, I overlooked that one.

I have a problem with Freestyle though: I direct it to my plugins folder (Steinberg/VSTPlugins) and it scans them, showing several interfaces etc, but in the browser I get empty folders. And yes: I tried them all.
Freestyle 64bit, 64bit plugins.

I looked for an e-mail adress to conact NSA but I can only subscribe to the newsletter (which I receive already).
I hope they find this thread soon and mingle with the discussion.
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

Contact email,top guy aswell

james at newsonicarts.com

ErikH wrote:You're right about the price: there's a crossgrade to suite. Tx, I overlooked that one.

I have a problem with Freestyle though: I direct it to my plugins folder (Steinberg/VSTPlugins) and it scans them, showing several interfaces etc, but in the browser I get empty folders. And yes: I tried them all.
Freestyle 64bit, 64bit plugins.
Do you have it on the plugins tab? The file browser isn't where you load plugins from, you need to click the icon to the left of the file browser icon.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”