Image-Line | Minihost Modular (Beta)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhfO9yYNlJY

You've been all waiting for a modern DAW, it's already here :)
Pretty cool feature.

- FL Fanboy

Thanks for the heads up. I have FL and a lot of their plugs but I spend zero time at their site or forums so I was unaware of this. :tu:
Regards, Mike

Four things I'd like to see/know:

1) What will it cost?
2) Can the channels be split (instead of "stereo cabels, rather have Mono cables), and therefore can the plugin be run in 1.0 to (say) 5.1 or higher?
3) what about VST3 support?
4) Feedback connectivity possible?

On top of getting containers and therefore custom GUI's.

If this thing is stable, affordable, get's as many updates and new enhancements like IL FLStudio... then I might consider getting a copy. So far I've been speculating and toying around with DDMF's Metaplugin (but it's not always working), Plogue Bidule (not as flexible as I'd like it to be, but container!) and EnergyXT (stopped using it years ago due to constant crashes in my hosts).

Bring it on, Image Line!
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I came here to make a thread about this, I guess julioelgenio was faster :D

This seems to be really nice! I'll definitely check it ou!

Cheers
Dennis

The standalone is very crash happy here... when inserting Sampletank2.x hmm.. needs quick mute on individual modules instead of removing the patching.. and a defaults double click on settings. Also would like to see copy and paste features.. and the piano roll needs more simple features.

Also, the piano roll is introduced in the youtube vid as a way to do arps.. but they don't sync with the timing if you press a different note while holding others (unless of course you hit the timing perfectly on your own).

This seems like a Fruity take on EnergyXT to me. It feels comfortable but also feels very beta right now hehe

I just checked this out very quickly.

It certainly feels very beta-ish at the moment, but that's exactly what it is, a beta :)

The concept is very nice and a lot of fun already!
I'll definitely follow the development!

Nice work again, Image Line!

Cheers
Dennis

Is this still tied to Windows?

aMUSEd wrote:Is this still tied to Windows?
No.
As a standalone, Minihost Modular can be used as an advanced VST/AU host with modular routing with some sequencing recording/playback capabilities. As a VST/AU plugin, Minihost Modular can be used to simply extend your existing DAW software with a powerful modular environment.
http://www.image-line.com/support/FLHel ... odular.htm
Peace and tolerance

woo, standalone version of Patcher!! and its been supercharged :party: :tu:

Zone editor and Per-zone parameter look so flexible. I like them. And the bezier curve automation under piano-roll looks nice.

Compyfox wrote:1) What will it cost?
It's free... :D

The 64-bit VST crashes Studio One, Sonar and Cubase. It even crashes FL Studio...

Standalone seems to work fine, though.

Regnas wrote:
Compyfox wrote:1) What will it cost?
It's free... :D
I meant after the Beta! :roll:

EDIT:
Actually - containers are possible - but I didn't see custom GUI's yet. Maybe this will be added at a later state.

I only hope it won't turn into another "MUX" with bundled synths and drum modules and the likes. And, I'd love to see "independent" inputs and outputs. As of this moment, it's still one cable for stereo connectivity.

If this thing is stable, and still get's the one or another feature, it's actually a marriage of DDMF, Bidule and MUX I'm looking for quite a while now. I might need to contact the developers however, if they're not already reading on KVR.

Consider me definitely interested.
Last edited by Compyfox on Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Has latency and CPU use impoved though?
The current version is like a slow hog in a mud pit compared to other hosts
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I guess it will be the new wrapper for all their plugins (for the standalone version), so if you buy one of them, this Minihost should be included?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”