Phrazor anybody?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everybody. I've been trying to set up Phrazor as a live midi clip trigger. I think that I'm really close, as I'm able to trigger the clips just fine and all, but for some reason the clip will play even if there is no midi coming from my host. Could someone tell me what's wrong, or could someone send me a blank Phrazor template file that I could use for this? Many thanks.

DELETED

Well, Phrazor's pretty neat any which way I cut it, and I can't find any other alternative to Ableton Live that can trigger midi loops the way it does. Also I'm using the free beta from Gersic, so it's certainly more affordable at this point than Live...it's a shame it was left behind, but the beta's fully functional, and seemingly glitch-free.
...So, any takers? (as a lone tumbleweed rolls on by)

hi
did you try de-activating the "Sync" button?

Yup.. disable the Sync button & it should stop playing the clip.

I too use Phrazor even though it was abandoned. When something just clicks don't let it go lol.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Ahh, two friendly voices in the desert of neglect-o-ware. I know about sync, but I'd like to be able to trigger a clip with a key, and when I let up on the key I want the clip to stop. Right now when I hit play in my host, Phrazor(vst) will start playing whatever clip is highlighted in the clip box on the right, even though there's no midi coming from the host at all. Pretty solid scooby doo mystery here...

its strange
with default settings all fine here
here is the settings :
in the Remote / Clip Control
all clips on Legato mode ( and Hold not selected)
all clips assigned with Auto Assign starting from C3
all sync

in the SETUP / Audio Midi / Playmode / clipmode-playlist :
Standard:Play Clips in CLIP mode selected
even with or without sync it works.

other than this be sure you didn't write a pattern to the Playlist window

It looks like my settings are the same as yours...where you said "all clips assigned with Auto Assign starting from C3"- I'm not sure where auto assign is located and didn't see it in the manual. The interface is all over the place innit?
The manual even says "playback stops as soon as all notes are released(exception Hold)", but hold isn't the issue I don't think.
Would keyrange(that tiny piano keyboard) have anything to do with it? I'm grasping for straws here, hmm. It's too cool to give up on.

This is how I have mine set in Reaper for live clip triggering:

Sync = On/Off
Clip = OFF

Remote Clips:
All set to Legato, sync & Keytrack (I have my clips assigned to specific keys however)

Setup/Audio/MIDI:
Input Channel: All
Input Channel (recall Clips/states)=1
Output Port=Off
Merge with Input from Track=Off
Playmode:Clip

**with these settings, I can press & release different keys for different clips & they will all syn together. So for example if I press key C for the 1st clip until a lil bit after the 2nd bar & pressed key D for the second clip immediately at the 2nd bar, the pattern for key D will pick up at the bar position **

Well, I think turning clip off did the trick, though it's still weird...the clips will turn on and off as I depress then let up on the host note, but not in the keyrange that I had set...if I had, say, two clips set to trigger at C3 and C#3 respectively, they won't trigger in that range. But if I hit notes above or below those notes, then yes it will trigger properly but I don't see the clips highlighted anymore and I don't see the play marker traveling across loops anymore. Does this make sense? I can barely make sense of it myself.
If one of you guys could send me a zip of a blank live Phrazor file, one that I just add vst and clips to, I would really appreciate it...not sure if there's much else that can be done. Thanks-

Jonathan Shepherd wrote:It looks like my settings are the same as yours...where you said "all clips assigned with Auto Assign starting from C3"- I'm not sure where auto assign is located and didn't see it in the manual.
click to the "REMOTE" tab and then click to the "Clip Control"
youll see there Browse , Load , Save , Reset and " Auto Assign "
i just realized that lets say you have 3 clips if one of them not assigned to the specific key it start to play when the host play
so i think this is the issue in this case... you have to assign clips to the keys
one key for each clips ...this is where the Auto Assign do the job

By jove, Yellukhan you've got it! Took me a while to realize it...in the beta it's called autodrum, might be different in the full version. But yes, it worked...after I un-assigned notes in the track states window too. Now I can compensate for my lack of drum programming skills!
And now the bonus round(only one): I can use the built-in sliders or assign midi ccs to vst parameters, but only per clip. Is there a way to assign parameter changes across all clips at the same time?
Whether you get the bonus (the gift is a virtual Zagnut bar), I thank you guys thoroughly for spending quality time on a gone but not forgotten program...salute!

edit...

Just seen you solved the problem! congrats!! Phrazor is the shiznit to use for live pattern sequencing once you set it up correctly. Glad to know I'm not the only one not afraid to use abandonware!

Jonathan Shepherd wrote:And now the bonus round(only one): I can use the built-in sliders or assign midi ccs to vst parameters, but only per clip. Is there a way to assign parameter changes across all clips at the same time?
I might be wrong, but the sliders are Per slot usage from my understanding. So if you use multiple clips in a slot that should translate to all of those clips within that slot. If you save the VST as a slot, you could virtually use multiple instances of a VST by loading that same slot into any track & the settings for the sliders should all carry over.

You're right, Saukar30...funny thing is, I can have two different automations, say on CC1, on two different clips, and Phrazor will just switch between automations when the clip changes, which is alright with me! I was thinking there was a universal automation, when all I need to do is just stick to messing with one clips automation (otherwise, too many automations to deal with). Thanks again guys...I may revisit this post one day with a new question, hell, I may be able to help someone else one day...Phrazor is demanding and then its rewarding. Definitely worth the trouble. Good day ----

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”