Sonata is free!

RELATED
PRODUCTS

KVRians,

We're proud to announce that Sonata is now free! We have used many free soft synths and effects in the past, and considering that we are too busy to manage developing and selling additional plugins, we've decided to contribute a freebie to the great VST community from which we've all benefitted tremendously. Check out Sonata, and let us know how you like it. Also, feel free to post a link to a track that uses Sonata in our forum.

http://sohasound.com/sonata.php

Please also note that we're releasing an alpha version of Sonata that may have certain CPU benefits over the previous version, depending on your hardware. Let us know how this works for you.

Happy composing,

- Tucker @ SoHa Sound Design

very cool Tucker!
I hope all is well with you guys :)

Hey thanks Ouroboros. All's well (and really really busy!).

- Tucker

good news :)
..what goes around comes around..

whoa thanx...didnt check it when it came out but im always open to hear new sounds :)
very generous from you..i wish other devs released older synths as well as free products when discontinued or when realizing its ages they dont get update with bugfix (not your case the last option, just talking in general)..
as far as i remember atm VERY few, like you , HG Fortune and Dash Signature
thx ...im grabbing it :) as well as the good choice of banks you have on site :)
Peace
Dubadelica - Electronic music since 1996 http://www.dubadelica.com/about.php
Radio Rebelde - Modern roots reggae with an electronic twist https://radiorebeldereggae.bandcamp.com/

---Cool, this synth is pretty unique sounding, kind of additive meets physical modelling. Sorry to hear you're not going to be able to keep on it and all, but maybe someday Fugue will hear the light of day eh. Thanks for releasing Sonata meanwhile, everyone can at least experience the fruits of all the labor you did have time for this time a round. :)

Jeff

Hey dreaddd and liars&ashes,

Glad to see the good reception, and yes, *do* check out the banks on our site. Some talented individuals from the KVR community created some really useful sounds that we've uploaded there. I spend a lot of time with those myself.

Thanks,

- Tucker

Hi I'm Grant, the other half of SoHa Sound Design.

I'm excited to see more people get to use Sonata because I know there are a lot of sounds in there we haven't discovered yet.

My favorite settings are the "Delay Chambers" at the bottom left. You can significantly change the character of the sound with these and moving them just a tiny amount can pull out some interesting higher-harmonic characteristics. So I'd encourage everyone to try them out!
Grant
SoHa Sound Design http://www.sohasound.com

Just a quick note of thanks to you guys for making this available to our community. I've d/l'ed both versions and the banks. Looking forward to taking them out for a spin this weekend.

Hi Greylion,

Thanks! Let us know how the v1.1 works for you (and in what host, os, etc. would be helpful).

- Tucker

----Hi Grant :) Sonata is a player's synth, and even though I'm not much of a player at all, it sure sounds more *natural* than most synths. Is there any chance at all, that a larger GUI and controls could be implemented someday ? Like maybe someone could ask that Vera lady who makes all the nice shiny Gui's for the SE crowd to make one for it or something. I just always wish the Gui for Sonata was about 25% bigger is all. Thanks again for releasing it anyways, just wondering aloud about the slightly larger Gui is all. :D

Jeff

Thanks so much for the freebie Soha!

I will use V1.0 for now and wait for stable 1.1, ALPHA'S scare the pants off me, let alone betas:)

Ok, ttoz, we'll let you know. I stay away from all non-stable releases too.
- Tucker

----Just a bump for a good sounding synth. I was dabbling with preset 6 (Starlight) last night, and it just sounded very nice. :)

Jeff

Thanks for this - it's different!

Return to “SoHa Sound Design”