The beast has been released! Electone D-85

Official support for: precisionsound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Precisionsound announces the release of D-85 in HALion, Kontakt, EXS24 and SoundFont compatible formats.

The Yamaha Electone D-85 is the source of sounds in our fourth volume of the Vintage Keyboard Collection. The D-85 was released in 1980 and designed as a home organ, a grandmas organ, for the "loaded" grandmas though, cause the price tag was around $10,000.

The D-85 is completely analog and uses a technique called PASS (Pulse Analog Synthesis System) developed for the legendary Electone GX-1 and later used in other Electone organs like the flagship of home organs of the time, the D-85. The sound of the D-85 is rich, warm, big and very much analog-synth and not so much typical organ'ish. The Gothic choir sound of the D-85 is unique and "Kraftwerk"-sounding. The strings and pads are rich and warm.

We also programmed additional sound variations for EXS24, HALion and Kontakt by layering, filtering, etc. Based on the core sounds of the instrument, the already fat and organic sound becomes even more multi-textured and rich.

The built-in drum machine has a clearer more thin sound than, for example, the Ace Tone/Rolands, and the programming is a bit more progressive and odd. All grooves were sampled at low tempos and with different mixes so you have hihats and cymbals separated from kick, snare, etc. All grooves and fills comes in both A, B and Mixed versions.

The D-85 SampleSet contains:

511 24-bit mono WAV samples of the instruments.
208 24-bit mono WAV grooves.
208 Rx2 files.
52 programs for Logic EXS24.
67 programs for HALion 1.1+.
71 programs for NI Kontakt 1+.
28 programs for SoundFont (16-bit) compatible software.

D-85 costs $39 (+$11 if you want it on DVD). All formats are included when you buy the SampleSet.

Best regards,

The Precisionsound Team

hi,
just noticed this!
could you give us more details about how/what is sampled?
i mean,did you sample each note? are they single cycle loops?
did you sample all the registers? even the 'synth' top keyboard? and the green 'wha' sound?
and the bass pedals?
how about the arps?
vibes,piano harpsicord etc?
btw,i don't have the exs24 or halion or kontact,so it's only the sf2 for me.:)

Sorry for late reply.

We have not sampled the whole D-85 only selected settings and some of the synth sound, we had planned an extension pack but the D-85 broke down. Now we have repaired it and later on we will do more sampling with it.
We did sample the whole drumbox with different mixes 4 bars for all beats.

The samples of the organs/synth/choir etc are not single cycle but longer, we sampled C D# F# A for all octaves so the stretching is only on half note up/down.

For Sf2 you get the samples mapped core sounds but for the other formats we did a lot of sound design with layered sounds and filters so for example the NI Kontakt version has a lot more sounds than the SoundFont but both versions have the same amount of samples.

Best regards,

Lars

thanks for the reply.
maybe i'll wait to see what else you do with it.
good luck.

so how much of the original keyboard does it contain?

are all patches included? i guess not checking the number.

thanks

Caine123 wrote:so how much of the original keyboard does it contain?

are all patches included? i guess not checking the number.

thanks
about 25 of the "synth" presets has not been sampled and there are aprox 27.
We concentrated on the organ section, drums, choirs. The stuff that sounded the best. :)

Lars

precisionsound wrote: We concentrated on the organ section, drums, choirs. The stuff that sounded the best. :)

Lars
that's a matter of opinion! for some,the cheesey sounds are the best. :wink:

spacedad wrote:
precisionsound wrote: We concentrated on the organ section, drums, choirs. The stuff that sounded the best. :)

Lars
that's a matter of opinion! for some,the cheesey sounds are the best. :wink:
:) Yes I should have written "best"...

We will do a big update for the D-85 now when we have repaired it and the update will have all the stuff that it's missing now and the update will be free for existing customers. We may also figure out some nice KSP scripting for the update but there is a lot of stuff in the pipeline now and I cannot say when we will be able to release the V2 of the D-85.

Lars

I hope to see home organ's VST-i version come out!

I like the hammond-like drawbars with some cheesy string and brassy stops mixed sound.... very funny...

D-85 can do so many different combination of sounds....

Samples can not make it...

Return to “Precisionsound”