New Youtube channel - Loudness War with Warmonger

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

donkey tugger wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:12 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:44 pm i liked the hat :hihi:
What's not to like about a hat that can translate the power of the mind into enough electricity to power a bulb and look well dapper at the same time?

ftfy :)

Please, look at me when you are talking to me. You can look aside from time to time. But doing it all the time... Please, no
I'm trying, but that's not easy. Hopefully will learn in time.

As to lamps in my room... can't do much about it. Already had to record in daylight.

However, I just remade Ableton theme so it's a notch darker and shouldn't blind people anymore:
https://www.abletonthemes.com/themes/flat-frost/4175
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

any luck with the new mic?
any better sound wise?

vurt wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:14 pm any luck with the new mic?
any better sound wise?
Not at new year's day m8 :ud:
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

ah ok :)

happy new year btw :party:

let's make this the year we blow up on youtube :hihi:
(perhaps literally in my case, i do like explosions...)

Okay, got new mic:

https://soundcloud.com/djwarmonger/recorded-mic/s-Cdfjc

It's not perfect, but the noise lowered by at least 12 dB allows to clean the speech completely.

Sounds good to me :tu:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Made another video, this time walkthrough over FM synthesis basics.

https://youtu.be/IZar4xsQZx8

Improved video contrast, Still not satisfied by sound quality, noise is noticeable.
However, the part I recorded at another day (the one with Sylenth1 example) felt somewhat better, so noise level is not static.

Visuals seem crisp and correctly-synced to me. It can be difficult to follow what parameters you are changing with your hardware macro controls; not so important for this video but it would be worth thinking about a way to highlight or zoom on what you are doing.

I like that you made brief specific connections between synthesis modes and genre staple sounds. Those are useful insights and video presenters tend to either brush over those connections or focus too deeply on developing particular patches. It's more constructive to point people in a general direction as you do here. :tu:

Vocal noise and gating is still noticeable but doesn't detract from the content too much. The overall sound is quite boomy, probably because the mic is off to one side and so getting a lot of room sound vs direct sound. It would help to have the mic in front of you and reasonably close to your mouth - obviously this is difficult to arrange without obscuring the camera shot too much, but it should pay off. How are the room's acoustics in general?

The gating is quite noticeable and a bit distracting. May be better to use noise reduction. I've used the Izotope RX voice de-noise vst a few times on videos for work, and the adaptive mode is very good at lowering background noise unobtrusively. It's in the elements version, which is always going on sale somewhere..

probably because the mic is off to one side and so getting a lot of room sound vs direct sound. It would help to have the mic in front of you and reasonably close to your mouth - obviously this is difficult to arrange without obscuring the camera shot too much, but it should pay off.
I could try to put the mic on top of the desk in front of me. There are some studio pics:

viewtopic.php?p=7479645#p7479645
How are the room's acoustics in general?
The room is large, but rather empty.
I've used the Izotope RX voice de-noise vst a few times on videos for work, and the adaptive mode is very good at lowering background noise unobtrusively
Will try. Hopefully it's better than constant (adaptive) filter I used for first two videos :P

Ahh, my fault. Preamp was almost maxed out. Once I dialed it back about 15 dB, the noise is gone.

Couldn't really see it as it's under shelf :P

Let's continue the series about FM, shall we?

Mic fixed. Also added a lot of extra graphics to make maths part clear.

https://youtu.be/jfgRDh29Nl8

Honestly, all this preparation and editing takes a lot of time :v Hopefully in the future there will be more music and less theory.

Now the hot topic: FM bells and drums

https://youtu.be/aJg1OD-RPyI

Back on track:

https://youtu.be/3Sdivir_OhA

Need more subscribers!

Return to “Production Techniques”