Your experience with loops and samples?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi

Long time lurker, but this is my first profile because I don’t really post.
I wanted to ask for you help with something, but I’m not trying to sell you anything or other evil intentions!

For my “real” job I’m part of a team where we are running research into the use and problems with loop libraries/ services. We’ve made this small survey, no answers will be published to the world, and it takes less than 5 min of your time. Basically we just want to know a little bit more about peoples experience with using loops/samples/one-shots.
If you should chose to leave your email for us, we can reward with some sample packs.
I hope you have time to help us with this, it’s really to be able, in the future, provide you with better experiences in loop search!

Link to the survey is here: its just to a google form.
https://forms.gle/hpetxgxeV8sad2kX9 (https://forms.gle/hpetxgxeV8sad2kX9)

And Merry Christmas! :D

/Christian

Where is this "real" job? CIA, NSA, Lagos?

Tronhjem wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:47 pm ... I’m part of a team where we are running research into the use and problems with loop libraries/ services.
Christian: I have experienced that loops and one-shot samples are not beneficial and
productive. Often they just can't be used at all!

What can be used are "multisample instruments"! That are acoustic intruments or
synthesizer which can be played from a keyboard . That are instruments which
are assigned to the keyboard - note for note!

So loops and one-shot samples are not a good idea at all! In a music production
"multisample instruments" are much more fruitful and utile! :wink:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Last edited by codec_spurt on Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by codec_spurt on Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

enroe wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:32 am
Tronhjem wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:47 pm ... I’m part of a team where we are running research into the use and problems with loop libraries/ services.
Christian: I have experienced that loops and one-shot samples are not beneficial and
productive. Often they just can't be used at all!

What can be used are "multisample instruments"! That are acoustic intruments or
synthesizer which can be played from a keyboard . That are instruments which
are assigned to the keyboard - note for note!

So loops and one-shot samples are not a good idea at all! In a music production
"multisample instruments" are much more fruitful and utile! :wink:
No.

Just No.

The only thing I'll say is that I prefer dry samples. That way, I can mix them in better.

But generally, you're wrong... But I don't have to say that. The market has already proven that.

Let's not conflate opinion with fact.

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

Return to “Production Techniques”