I'm too perfectionist and spend 6 months - 1 year in avarage to complete songs. Am I alone? Hey,

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:05 pm ps: stop being picky you know what i meant :cry:
T’was a genuine answer :shrug:

Forgotten wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:02 pm @vurt In general, no. But then you get people like Captain Sensible, Dave Greenfield, JJ Burnel, Mick Jones, Tom Verlaine, etc. who played things rough edged, but they played stuff that was far from easy. ‘Punk’ really wasn’t just one approach to music, it was many different ones.
aye true enough, theres quite a range under the punk banner (which imo continued long in to the dance music era, bands like the prodigy being an obvious progression from the punk ethos, but all the early house parties too) it may have changed its clothes, but you cant keep an idea down :)

Forgotten wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:08 pm Vai once said that his favorite album he ever played on was Album by PIL.

Probably one of his least widdly performances ever.
you know, i never knew he even had :o :oops:
now seeing him with them might have been even better than coverdale and co :o

Forgotten wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:08 pm Vai once said that his favorite album he ever played on was Album by PIL.

Shit The f**king Bed!!!! That’s actually a thing :o :o Thought it wouldn’t be worth Poogling what was clearly a joke...Right?

Nope. Listen to tracks like ‘Rise’ and you’ll recognize the parts he’s playing easily.

Forgotten wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:16 pm Nope. Listen to tracks like ‘Rise’ and you’ll recognize the parts he’s playing easily.
Will hit up the youtubes when I get home. Thanks :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:12 pm

Shit The f**king Bed!!!! That’s actually a thing :o :o Thought it wouldn’t be worth Poogling what was clearly a joke...Right?
yeah it doesnt seem right does it? not to mention why do i not know it? why has it never come up in a pub quiz? or one of your friends when you're listening to it "you'll never guess..."

it feels weird to be learning this now! :o

Yeah, you just don’t expect Steve Vai to play on a PIL album really, but he definitely did!

Forgotten wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:16 pm Nope. Listen to tracks like ‘Rise’ and you’ll recognize the parts he’s playing easily.

It's f**king immense, especially on 'Ease' If there's going to be widdling, then it should be like that. :love:

Totally agree. It’s widdling for non-widdle fans at its finest!

Forgotten wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:30 pm Yeah, you just don’t expect Steve Vai to play on a PIL album really, but he definitely did!
im not doubting it.
it's a fine nugget that now will be stored, then dropped in to conversation once in a while to make me look smart.

ill throw in jimi hendrix on bass on timothy learys "you can be anything you want, this time around" album and government manifesto.

Forgotten wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:30 pm Yeah, you just don’t expect Steve Vai to play on a PIL album really, but he definitely did!
It’s one for the ‘That’s Random!’ file.

Bill Laswell put together quite a dream team for that album:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Album_(Pu ... Ltd_album)
A departure from their previous releases, John Lydon was advised by trusted music producer Bill Laswell to take on an all-star cast of session and trusted musicians, including Steve Vai, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Tony Williams and Ginger Baker.

Frank The Plank wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:48 pm A departure from their previous releases, John Lydon was advised by trusted music producer Bill Unwell to take on an all-star cast of session and trusted musicians, including Vurt and Gary Glitter.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

:o
i have never been in a room with that man!

Return to “Production Techniques”