Which pianoroll octave (C0 vs C1) to use for midi writing my bass-line? [Electronic Music]

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wrote a piece of a song, I am a newbie.
It's an electronic pseudo EDM bar.
Above I have some piano chords i.e. Amin F C G
Now I would like to add a super easy bass line that follows the roots of the chords, so basically.

Piano: Amin - F - C - G
Bass: A - F - C - G

I chose a GM035 picked electic bass preset but I don't know If using the C0 octave or the C01 one for it.
Any insight/tips?

Thank you in advance :roll:

Use the one that sounds best. There’s no right or wrong answer.

I am not looking for the right answer, but I can't idendify which one sounds best.
I would like to hear if someone incountered a similar problem how he solved it based on his own vision/experience.
Thanks

It also depends on your DAW, depending on what MIDI note number it is actually ascribing. Some can go into the negatives. The note number is what the plugin interprets.

You have several considerations. What is the absolute lowest note available in your DAW? You want to give yourself enough room if you need to go lower. Are you displaying multiple MIDI channels/tracks at the same time? You may want them to be in close proximity and not overlapping. You can usually change the octave in the plugin itself to make it sound appropriate for the MIDI note range.

^^^
It's all relative, differs between DAWs and plugins.
We cannot hear your outcomes. Go as low as you need to go.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Return to “Production Techniques”