Can't automate arturia minibrute 2 in ableton 10

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

lectropunk wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:40 pm Great news I got it sorted I pressed a button in the top right corner thanks everyone
That's the one I meant - if it's toggled the wrong way you won't see the parameters you can automate.

lectropunk wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:40 pm Great news I got it sorted I pressed a button in the top right corner thanks everyone
im interested

what exactly are you trying to do, and how did you achieve it?

I wanted to do a filter sweep with a midi sequence from my minibrute so I just pressed a button like forgotten is saying..

lectropunk wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:00 pm I wanted to do a filter sweep with a midi sequence from my minibrute so I just pressed a button like forgotten is saying..
yeah, thats not very clear

the midi coming from?
to?

Sorry . I'm not good at these kind of things.
I just made a midi clip in ableton then tweaked the synth

ok, I'll leave it there, i really dont know what you're doing :hihi:

My guess is that the MiniBrute will expose any automatable parameters to Ableton Live, but lectropunk had a switch in Live toggled the wrong way so he couldn't see them. Toggling the switch must have exposed the list of parameters that can be manipulated via MIDI CC.

I think what Justin was saying is that you can automate CC#1 with your DAW and then use the patch panel on the MiniBrute to patch the mod output (which I assume is the messages sent to CC#1) to another parameter such as filter cutoff.

ah ok, i get it.

"External instrument" is an instrument with audio output, you should be able to place effects after it.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Return to “Production Techniques”