Can't automate arturia minibrute 2 in ableton 10

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm after making a midi sequence in ableton live 10 and want to put on a filter but the section where I usually edit my automation doesn't show up.
I'm using a arturia minibrute s2
And I'm using external instrument and a midi channel technique..

you're trying to automate the filter on the MB2?

No the autofilter in ableton

by using a knob on the MB2?

No the usual technique the same way I would automate a parameter in zebra for example. When I throw the autofilter on the midi channel it says drop instrument here

lectropunk wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:38 pm the section where I usually edit my automation doesn't show up
Have you checked to see if the automation view button is toggled correctly?

Yeah man

What if you create a new track and see if you can automate a parameter for a plugin? If you can do that it will eliminate whether it's an issue with Live or if it's specific to the hardware.

Ok I will try that

so where does the MB2 come into the equation?

AnX wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:26 pm so where does the MB2 come into the equation?
I think he's talking about sending CC automation from Live to the MiniBrute, but the automation lane isn't showing the automatable parameters.

the MB doesnt respond to midi data (except note on off etc) , its analogue (at least my v1 certainly doesnt)

Shit so what are my options?
Maybe I should learn the sequencer..
Thanks everyone..

Well, you can send Mod wheel (CC#1) messages to it, then use the Mod output in the patchbay on the MB2 to modulate the filter. I've done that with mine.

Great news I got it sorted I pressed a button in the top right corner thanks everyone

Return to “Production Techniques”