Scales and notes used in this song?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfsZz7x8nPs I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but worth a shot anyway. Whilst the sounds used in this song are fairly easy to reproduce, I'm still struggling to figure out the notes and scales used for different elements of this track, the bassline, the main arpeggio and the trumpet lines. Can anyone with a better musical ear help a dude out?
Muskeln!!!

As far as naming the key, it's most likely G minor. Judging by the pulsing synth line, it sounds like the song utilizes the Phrygian scale, and in the key named prior, the notes of said scale would be G-Ab-Bb-C-D-Eb-F. There might be some notes outside that scale, though - I didn't bother going that far in my quick analysis.
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

Thanks mate, that gives me something to work with.
Muskeln!!!

Glad I could help. c:
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

Return to “Production Techniques”