How can I produce music without the thought of impressing someone or for the sake of fame?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

"turn off the monitors, both visual and audio."

He's turned off his targeting computer!
Are you... using the force to produce?

isn't everyone?

welp, I think this is a fantastic thread, even though I only read the first page. thank you for posting OP, you are not the only one. Here's the thing... I'm dealing with starting to get old, and what that means is... you realize life is a balance. It's not this way or that. everyone has agendas and wants you to go this way or that... but truth is everyone is wrong. "they" are either sheep or wolves. I don't trust either. the truth is ... it lies somewhere in between. In the music industry you will often hear things have to be either/or. it's because they are selling you something or they are following what ever came before them. it's a lie.

Here's how you do it.... walk away. walk the f**k away. far away. turn it off, get off, go garden or some shit. get away from the constant sales. turn it off. put it down. go do something else. get back into the real world. it will give you a whole new perspective. music will become personal again. perfection is a false reality. its virtual anyway. it doesn't exist.

I mean, no body is listening or dancing to music anymore anyway. they are all just there to be seen. just wall flowers. is that what you want to be? another 20 something wallflower? nobody is there for the music man. get that through your head now.... and walk away.

vurt wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:23 pm
Synthman2000 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:57 pm
Actually no other time really exists so do the best you can/want to now.
indeed, all that exists is "now".
anything else is imaginary :)

live in the moment.
its a gift.
that's why its called the present :)
This is a common misconception.
This is just your opinion which you have accepted after being lied to and misled by the impressions, and without investigating properly, e.g. how can you be sure that 'now' is happening now and is not a replay of the past, or a vision of the future. If past and future are imaginary, and 'now' is a part of this imaginary thing called 'time', how is 'now' real? You cannot live in the 'now', because now is a moment, i.e. static, so you couldn't e.g. move or do anything. And so on.

So maybe look for another explanation as to where you are and what's going on there, because this is nothing more than framing, with pink glasses on your face. Compare to: now is a trap you cannot escape! Hell! Black glasses. Etc.

And 'live in the now' is a slogan anyway. If you are not consciously trying to follow it (how could you do that, even if you tried?) where would you be living? Say this morning you forgot to 'follow' for 15 minutes. Where were you? Did your state change significantly, or did it become impossible for you to live for 15 minutes, because you forgot to follow this slogan?

perfumer wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:50 am

live in the moment.
its a gift.
This is just your opinion which you have accepted after being lied to and misled by the impressions, and without investigating properly, e.g. how can you be sure that 'now' is happening now and is not a replay of the past, or a vision of the future. If past and future are imaginary, and 'now' is a part of this imaginary thing called 'time', how is 'now' real? You cannot live in the 'now', because now is a moment, i.e. static, so you couldn't e.g. move or do anything. And so on.

So maybe look for another explanation as to where you are and what's going on there, because this is nothing more than framing, with pink glasses on your face. Compare to: now is a trap you cannot escape! Hell! Black glasses. Etc.
and you seem to be such a nice young man/woman.
why would you deserve such a punishment?

chk071 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:20 am
Monkey Man wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:08 am For me, shrinking the ego is the ultimate key to creating "legit" music.
One thing i always realized is that people who make good music, or who are big in the soundset game have a massive ego.
Many are, for sure, but I contend that if those peeps were to shrink their egos they'd be even-more creative.

Hey, it's just a thing that works for me and I've mapped my creativity to the size of my ego.
Another way of looking at it is that when you're broken, empathy / sensitivity increases. At least, once again, this is what I've found.

It's hard being into something that have certain standards one can't reach without putting time and dedication into it, takes all the fun being mediocre way too fast if person at any point strives for more, so you learn to appreciate your mediocrity and settle for it or you find the joy in perfecting your craft.

So you have great idea, but when you need to actually do some hard work to finish it, put some blood, sweat and tears into it, it's no fun anymore, of course, that's where your true passion kicks in and there's no help if you aren't truly loving this art, only true artist's find joy after all that pain, same as any parent who sacrifices for his loved ones, your art should be the same for you, more love and dedication, better results.

The fun is when you can just sit down, make some stuff over an evening and hear it's a great music.

It took me about 18 years to reach this point :roll: Now I'm 30 and need to get some life.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

perfumer wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:50 am

live in the moment.
its a gift.

Try reading some Sartre if definitions of the present confuse you.

Passing Bye wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:07 am It's hard being into something that have certain standards one can't reach without putting time and dedication into it, takes all the fun being mediocre way too fast if person at any point strives for more, so you learn to appreciate your mediocrity and settle for it or you find the joy in perfecting your craft.

So you have great idea, but when you need to actually do some hard work to finish it, put some blood, sweat and tears into it, it's no fun anymore, of course, that's where your true passion kicks in and there's no help if you aren't truly loving this art, only true artist's find joy after all that pain, same as any parent who sacrifices for his loved ones, your art should be the same for you, more love and dedication, better results.
Yeah, let's learn to appreciate our mediocrity! :neutral:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

perfumer wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:50 am This is a common misconception.
This is just your opinion which you have accepted after being lied to and misled by the impressions, and without investigating properly,
please do let us all know how we can investigate the nature of time properly. :hyper: :hyper:
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

id argue that as time is not a constant, then all we have is now. although, we are also still experiencing the first moment ever.

all moments are one moment, just depends which events your mind used to map your way through the eternal moment.

remember what the dormouse said.

vurt wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:14 pmremember what the dormouse said.
"f**k off, Im falling asleep" ??
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Production Techniques”