Doubletracker test plus help me improve my recordings

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I have been trying to figure out how to improve the recordings of my own voice. A great way seems to be doubletrackers, so I tested the excellent ProVocative and the brand new MDoubleTracker on a non-edited recording of me singing a verse (the song is about climate change).

I use a noname condenser mic and Focusrite Solo, and record in my living room (which has an inspiring view of our lake :wink: ).

I have made a recording of this, found below as a Youtube video.

The voice is completely unedited. In the recording the voice is a bit loud to make comparisons easier. Note that I use four variations of vocal double tracking. The double tracking experiment starts at 0.55 (and I hope this shootout can be of value for you, given that MDoubleTracker is less than one week old). Before that I show what an EQ and compressor does for improving (?) the voice.

https://youtu.be/e7jS9KlVNTE

From this video, I very much hope for a discussion on how to improve my recording. This also goes for all the instruments in the song (the song is not finalized so it’s just the overall beat you hear), such as volume levels and EQ. Note that the song has no mastering tools/maximizer on it at this point.

Thanks a lot for any helpful advice on improvements! :phones:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Return to “Production Techniques”