Padding the beginning of a vocal sample

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey all.. Literally working a on my very first track (house) and learning the ropes as I go.

I've sampled a female vocal. In the original track the very tale end of the last sound slightly overlaps the first few milliseconds of the sample. I've cut out the sound so the sample is 'clean' but it leaves me with a very abrupt start to the sample.

Are there any techniques / tools I could look into to either mask the outgoing sound or maybe soften or stretch out the the start of the sample. As I mentioned above, its a dance track so a filter or such is definitely an option... i just need to know where to start looking!

Thanks guys.

you could try a fade in if it's an audio clip
in a sampler use the attack, to create a similar effect to above.

depending on how experimental you are willing to go, you could cut and paste the very beginning of the sample a few times and add a filter, so it stutters in as the filter opens.

reverse your sample, add a reverb, flip it back around, may create an ethereal quality that works?

Hey Vurt, thanks for the tips. I'll defo try the stutter in along with the fade as well. Will let you know how it goes!

Vurt, Sliced and stuttered the clip along with a fade-in and run through a phaser. Sounds great - thanks for the pointer.

glad it helped :)

Return to “Production Techniques”