Project: 60s British Rock

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has someone already mentioned an Upright Piano? It ought to sound not bright, even as if it stands in the next room. Apply lots of compression to it with long-ish attack so you hear it ducking in.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

I'm scrapping the project.

First track.

1. Song itself is horrible.
2. Vocals are dreadful.

The recording is decent but still doesn't have that 60s Brit Rock sound so it's pointless to go on. I really can't sing this stuff and Vocaloid on Brit Rock would sound laughable.

So I'm going to do something else.

Thanks for all the tips but my skills aren't up to this.

it was always going to be difficult to nail a 60s rock sound without actual musicians.
samples will of course get you so far, but programming them to sound as natural as a (usually) one take per instrument recording, which might even be recorded as a live band more often than not...
that's a tall order!

i commend you for trying though, also hope that rather than seeing it as a failure, you will see it as a learning experience :tu:

vurt wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:21 pm it was always going to be difficult to nail a 60s rock sound without actual musicians.
samples will of course get you so far, but programming them to sound as natural as a (usually) one take per instrument recording, which might even be recorded as a live band more often than not...
that's a tall order!

i commend you for trying though, also hope that rather than seeing it as a failure, you will see it as a learning experience :tu:
Oh, absolutely. The biggest lesson I got from this is to stay within yourself. Do what you do well. Or at least do what you do better than if you tried to do something else.

I know what that is for me and I'm going to stick to doing what I do well.

I'll leave the 60s where they belong, in the 60s.

Return to “Production Techniques”