Multiple Sampling Routing Octatrack, Digitakt, Rytm and Mackie 1620i

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys!

I've just thinking about a sample overkill setup in my studio with:

Octatrack MK2
Digitakt
Rytm MK2

owning the OT and Rytm for now. Having a Mackie Onyx 1620i as well.

I just try to get my head around my sampling setup.
The idea was following:

I would like to take the Alt 3+4 Outputs from my Mackie Mixer to feed all three machines so I'm able to sample any Mackie channel to any device I would desire at the same time without changing cables. Would a patchbay solves this problem? Can't get my head around these patchbays, maybe it's much simpler than I'm thinking of. It's primaly that I want to keep the other Mackie outputs free for other stuff

Any alternative ideas?

Would be very very pleased!

Thanks and greetings

A patch bay is only a solution if you're willing to actually do the patching (on the bay) and swap what device the Alt3/4 outputs are going to, just before you're going to sample on a specific device. So the only win is you do the patching not at the clumsy accessible back of the mixer.

Otherwise you need to split the output signal in three, with the chance you get interference. I've had a case where a splitted signal got distorted when one of the two devices it was going to was switched off, but was crystal clear when it was switched on (but not in use)
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Return to “Production Techniques”