Need Help With Trance Project (CD Completed)

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The galloping bass does sound off, even if fully qntzed. Perhaps adjusting your bass envelopes would tighten the groove. It has trance elements but not the trance effect, feeling (imo). Perhaps thats what they are getting at. Nice try.
Reverbnation
see ya 'round...

Morgaxx wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:07 pm The galloping bass does sound off, even if fully qntzed. Perhaps adjusting your bass envelopes would tighten the groove. It has trance elements but not the trance effect, feeling (imo). Perhaps thats what they are getting at. Nice try.
Perhaps he doesn't hate you, and you'll have some luck breaking through :scared:

That bass sounds like it's faking side chaining, and is off.
And the overall tin can reverb this tune is drenched in, doesn't help.

And I actually prefer your previous non-trance tunes, the 2 or 3 I've heard. And that says a lot, because I really hate them.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

And the thread is now complete. My 3 most hated enemies in this forum have arrived.

Hey BMoore, you were told to stay away from me. One more comment from youb and I'll report you to the mods.

And you said you'd ignore me.
You have more beef with the mods here than I have. So go figure.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

wagtunes wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:57 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:52 pm
wagtunes wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:44 pm
AnX wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:55 pm ok, thats not trance.... you've gone into euro ebm territory (think Icon of Coil/VNV Nation)

also, at the start, the gallop bassline is out of time with the kick, that stuff needs mega tight quantising... kick is too weak and way too much reverb, sounds like its recorded in silo.
Thank goodness I ignore everything you say. LOL.
I think he's right on all counts :shrug:
Oh and now YOU decide to pop in here after 25 pages?

Okay, what makes this track suddenly NOT Trance since you're the expert?

God I hate the two of you.
You think I've been following this for 25 pages? And what?...I'm only here to tear strips off of you? :uhuhuh:

As for you throwing hate around this place? Not even gonna credit that shit with a response.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:21 pmMy 3 most hated enemies in this forum have arrived.
Really! I'm one of your three worst enemies? Let's see you make that case.

Will the 3 of you PLEASE just leave this thread since your only purpose here is to tear me down? I don't need it and I don't want it.

Go away!

You really shouldn't be on forums.

For those who said this is the worst thing I ever did, here's what Vurt had to say. And there have been other positive comments as well.

So you haters can go, well, you know what. I'm done with you and will not respond to anymore of you negativity just for spite because you hate me.
vurt wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:37 pm
wagtunes wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:54 pm
Distorted Horizon wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:45 pm
wagtunes wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:22 pm What is the typical reverb time for a Trance track?
Can't speak for everyone but I have at least 2 reverb sends. A short that is mostly aimed for drums and one huge/long that is for synths. Then I might have different flavors etc some more modulated or distorted or...
But then doesn't that defeat the purpose of having everything in the same space?

but in a space you have different depths.
think of a band. drummer further back than the others but closer to the wall...
its about adding depth to the space.

track sounds good. as distorted horizon said, it sounds like you with trance influence.
still cant say im fond of the vocaloid sound, but it does work a little better in this kind of arena.

mix sounds pretty good really, are there things that could be done differently? of course, but like the kick they are a matter of taste.
im sure trance experts can find more faults than i, but i like the way you've just took trance elements rather than creating a psy or goa or hard style type track. you've allowed yourself to be influenced by something that was pretty alien to you until recently, and you've done a good job 8)

onwards and upwards. but take five mins to enjoy the feeling ;)

wagtunes wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:39 pm Will the 3 of you PLEASE just leave this thread since your only purpose here is to tear me down? I don't need it and I don't want it.

Go away!
I didn't come here to tear you down. And I only posted in defence of someone you had a go at, who happened to be speaking the truth.

Now you're throwing around the word hate, and think you can order people around.

It's simple. How about you show examples from our last year's worth of interactions that demonstrate why you feel at liberty to accuse of being a hated enemy.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:41 pm Here's my SPAN from the output buss showing max and average.

Question:
Have you imported a trance track into your DAW and compared it's SPAN display to your track?
It might illuminate some of the issues that have been mentioned, help you see what you are not hearing. Just an idea. :shrug:
Win10 x64, Reaper 6.XX x64, i5-3330, 8gb ram, GTX-970, UC-33, Panorama P4, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 and JVC HA-RX700

4th revision on this one. Some major changes too, especially on the vocals. Was tired of them not really standing out. They do now.

I ask only one thing. The rest, quite honestly, I don't care about anymore. If you're going to tell me that this isn't Trance then you must tell me what it is in the piece that makes it not Trance. Otherwise, don't waste your breath because I'm not interested.

And before you get into the whole Trance/Eurodance debate, I did the research. I know there is a divide. Fine. You have your opinion and I have mine and my opinion is the only one that matters. I say this is Trance. Now that THAT'S out of the way, this is the 4th and final revision. I'm done working on this.

Tomorrow, I will master this and then I'm done with this thread. The remaining tracks I'll do on my own.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... e-home-wip

wagtunes wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:12 am 4th revision on this one. Some major changes too, especially on the vocals. Was tired of them not really standing out. They do now.

I ask only one thing. The rest, quite honestly, I don't care about anymore. If you're going to tell me that this isn't Trance then you must tell me what it is in the piece that makes it not Trance. Otherwise, don't waste your breath because I'm not interested.

And before you get into the whole Trance/Eurodance debate, I did the research. I know there is a divide. Fine. You have your opinion and I have mine and my opinion is the only one that matters. I say this is Trance. Now that THAT'S out of the way, this is the 4th and final revision. I'm done working on this.

Tomorrow, I will master this and then I'm done with this thread. The remaining tracks I'll do on my own.

duplicate
Last edited by JoaquinAce on Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

JoaquinAce wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:56 am
wagtunes wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:12 am 4th revision on this one. Some major changes too, especially on the vocals. Was tired of them not really standing out. They do now.

This is my last post in this thread, but I'll give you my opinion what makes it not trance (it does fit in much more with EBM like mentioned by someone else)...you have no real tension build up and release. Sure you have tiny drum rolls, but that not a proper buildup with tension in it, followed by a major release/hand in the air, whatever you want to call it. You said you saw/heard others talking about the "drop". You need a lot bigger drop before you can think of inching it closer to the trance category. The drop is just one of the factors that contribute to the tension and release part of a trance track. Now if you want me to describe that in % this or x-min y-sec that, I can't do it, but anyone that knows trance, will know what I am talking about and after listening to 200 tracks, you should know too. A trance track is as much an emotional journey with build up and release as it is a electronic music piece and your track just doesn't do that. Based on your earlier comments after someone has given you suggestions, critique etc, you will most likely deny that what I said is true,but as someone that has been listening to (listening, not hearing, there is a major difference from a producer standpoint) trance more than 20 years, yours fall in another electronic music category. Not trance.

Return to “Production Techniques”