Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone actually tried this?

http://www.curioza.com/
http://chrisamusic.bandcamp.com/
"It's square to be hip"

This looks interesting - $35Euro not too bad...

I've been doing this myself recently by hand - comparing references and a cappella commercial releases to see how the 'big boys' do it...

Might have to look into this! Thanx
Last edited by kylen on Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Look similar to Har-bal

/ Lex

I think I'm going to give this a spin...there's a 14 day fully functional trial version.

This seems to be a step beyond Har-Bal, which I have also, in that it gives recommendations for dynamics settings and final rms loudness. It does this by characterizing your individual tracks, mixes, or masters then compares them to references that come with the product - or references you import. In that way it seems similiar to Har-Bal but Har-Bal isn't too good at doing the dynamics piece yet.

All this tool does is chew on your stuf and spit out suggestions for EQ, dynamics, and final loudness settings (hehe that's quite a bit). You use the setting on your own eqs & dynamics processors since AAMS doesn't even need a soundcard. In fact you could listen to the 'I Love Lucy' show whist mastering your tracks! :D

Anyway like I said I've been doing this kind of thing with references on my own for a couple of years now and am pretty curious about how this tool does the job!

How did you find this Manc?

Any one else gonna try it ?

this seems to be in very early stages.
didn't install nicely here. looks somewhat un-polished and put-up-in-a-hurry after a couple years of laid-back coding :P

otherwise it looks like an interesting project. I'm very curious how will it turn out.

I'm going to try it out, not to have what sounds like an easy way, but seems like maybe a good way to learn about mastering since it's productive, I am curious to hear what it will do with a collection and try some things.
But I'm definitely not trying it thinking it will be a magic key or anything, (I don't think one exists)

ok: so it fluctuates between 90-60 minutes for a song thats about 7 minutes. Not bitching just giving you an idea. (It said calculates in minutes the tricky bastad) But checking it out, the manual, the site, I think for the price it's worth it, hell I'm surprised it doesnt have another 0 at the end of the price.

is Xarc around?

mooter wrote: is Xarc around?
:x :lol:

Looks fascinating.

It might help me with my totally sucky mastering. :lol:

Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

Not tried it yet, looks very interesting, looking forward to getting to grips with it and hearing other opinions.
http://chrisamusic.bandcamp.com/
"It's square to be hip"

anybody installed it? any problems with it?

after install here my box refused to boot properly, it messed with my system *.dll's. luckily I'm ghosted so I reverted.

nevertheless it *looks* like something usable but imo this needs some polishing.

Why the hell the install path can not be changed, i don't have a C drive?

I am , Denis van der Velde, author of AAMS.
In this week i made a mistake by releasing a buggy coded AAMS version , from downloads between 6-1-2005 and 12-1-2005. The NEW version without buggy code is now availeble from my site!
www.curioza.com

We are sorry, but as more users are trying my program the better it will function on ALL systems.
As this program is very new , i did expect some bugs or windows troubles.
The best system to use it is windows XP and have some 512Mb ram availeble and some HD space.

Pleas read my site carefully and you will understand what this program is about and what it can do.
There are a lot of people who make mistakes about what the program is about and what its not...

This program CAN help you out a great deal with Mastering Audio, it gives you important info about Equalization, multiband compression, and loudness (gain). Specially for correcting audio.
It does this by matching source and reference, but as you might expect some other systems do also, this is a complete new and innovative way to do so.
Check it out free.
http://www.curioza.com
email@curioza.com

THX!
Author of : AAMS Auto Audio Mastering System.
www.curioza.com
www.sined.nl

Please check out my site , for instructions , video's , MP3's and etc. You will see for yourself i put quite a lot of work into it.
Yes its at Version V1.0 , but this week i allready removed a lot of bugs unknown to me, and its running much better on more and more systems now.
We are inproving, and the 21 day free limitless trail period will give you time to do some mastering yourselfves or find out what its about.

Its 21 day Trail, not 14 day as mentioned above.

I have been working myself with this program for about 1 year, to test it and make mastering information to be accurate as possible.

I can say, it ROCKS!
But you will find out for yourself if you try it..
I am a musician myself and also i do mastering jobs for many years, this is the result of a brainwave i had to automate all those thing i was doing manually....

Please Give it A free Try,
You might get Surpriced!

Denis van der Velde
email@curioza.com
www.curioza.com
www.sined.nl

Yup I've seen from your website you have the concept well thought out and it has quite some sanity in it - but as I said - it needs to address some issues first to become really *painless*.

I was looking for something similarly integrated myself - reason to it is after abandoning live/studio work as bassplayer (lowerback probs) I opted to make multimedia related things which require touched-up audio - and not so much time for fiddling.

basically - right now it seems like you need some quality feedback and a proper webdesigner :P

The waiting time on importing a audio file or SONG is about 6 minutes or less on a P4 2.5Mhz.
This will increase to 25 minutes on a P3- 933 mhz.
One the Audio files is imported , it will be saved as a preset *.aam. These files you can now use inside AAMS, and they will load up in seconds.....
Once an audio files is imported , you are in buzz...
So the only waiting time is Importing Audio and converting it to AAMS file-system.
In the program itself using AAMS files *.aam there is no waiting time at all....
So you can check sources and references (styles) and choose a good one in no time.

THX!
www.curioza.com
www.sined.nl

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”