usertips/tricks

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

got anything special that you use the ArtsAcoustic Reverb for?
something you find yourself allways beeing doing with it?
if you want to share this knowledge, this goes in here.
please explain it, don`t just write i.e. what signal you use it on.
Kind regards, Nick at ArtsAcoustic

This thing is so versatile, it's hard to pick specific jobs that it's good for. But for small, transparent rooms I don't think it can be beat. It is fantastic for snare, and drums in general. What makes it stand out from most other reverbs is the Attack, Spread and Echo features which allow you to taylor the shape of the tail into unusual, ear-catching non-linear shapes. And that makes this a reverb that can "groove" on rhythmic stuff.

Quality button: this works by dropping the sampling rate from 44.1 to 22kHz - which has the effect of making the reverb a little darker. I've found that sometimes I prefer the lower quality sound, so treat this as another sound creation option. Or, if you like the darker sound, try using the eq instead. Some of the classic early hardware reverbs had low sampling rates, and if it sounds good, it is good.

Decays longer than 45 seconds:

Some users requestet the decay time to exceed the maximal setting of 45 seconds.
However, this is already possible, you just have to trick around a bit.

Just set the ratio knobs in the damping section to values bigger than 1. Say, you want the reverb to decay 90 seconds for all three frequency bands. Set the three ratio values to 2x, and the decay value to 45 seconds. That's it!

In conclusion, as the ratio knobs afford values up to 5x, there is a possible maximal decay of 5x 45 seconds = 3 minutes and 45 seconds!

==> Have fun! :)
kind regards, timo

Return to “Arts Acoustic”