bugreports go in here, please

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

PC win7 x64.
Minor snag with CL-series 64 bit vst in studio one 2.6.x (x64). Sometimes when i drag any of the cl series into an insert slot, studio one's plugin "container" window appears, but the cl gui never shows inside it. Sometimes, a reboot sorts it, but it always happens again sooner or later.
Strangely, it seems to work fine in the DP 8 demo (most current version, also pc/x64 vst).

Thanks!
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
--
Pooter | Software | Akai MPK-61 | Line 6 Helix | Dynaudio BM5A mk II

After using v1.5 of the reverb for ages I finally made jump to latest 1.6 version

But I'm having a problem with preset loading, after a while it simply doesn't display any of the previously saved presets in the folder, it just shows the folder as empty, even though the .fxp files are definitely there. I also noticed when trying to save a new preset it didn't put the .fxp at the end of the file.

This is 32-bit Windows version in Cubase 5.
Arksun
Music Producer | Sound Designer
www.arksun-sound.com

Just got a crash with ArtsAcoustic Reverb x64 1.6.0.15 in REAPER 5.15 x64 during "write" automation:

Code: Select all

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: reaper.exe, Version: 5.1.4.13, Zeitstempel: 0x56a50a52
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: ArtsAcousticReverb.dll, Version: 1.6.0.15, Zeitstempel: 0x51952955
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x00000000000861de
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0xad8
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d157b12ce36b9d
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\Reaper\reaper.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VSTPlugins\ArtsAcoustic\ArtsAcousticReverb.dll
Berichtskennung: cf996fab-c3a4-11e5-882c-0019d1262458

CL-Series seems to like to take down cubase 8 (and DP 8/9) if i insert while audio is passing.
In general with both daws, the more of them i insert, the more likely the daw will just crash/vanish when i go to edit one, or sometimes even just at random.
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
--
Pooter | Software | Akai MPK-61 | Line 6 Helix | Dynaudio BM5A mk II

kelldammit wrote:CL-Series seems to like to take down cubase 8 (and DP 8/9) if i insert while audio is passing.
In general with both daws, the more of them i insert, the more likely the daw will just crash/vanish when i go to edit one, or sometimes even just at random.
Same in Ableton Live 9.7.

inserting ANY AA plugin while ANY DAW is playing will cause a fatal exception. Windows or Mac.
I've had support tickets out for over 6 months now just to get my serial sent to me again.
I hope nobody is buying anything from this company anymore.
KVR should stop advertising their products,
it's just plain wrong that they can't either answer an email, or make a single public statement.

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

replicant X wrote:No problem here with Cubase Pro 9 / FL studio12 / Reaper5.4 on windows7 64 bit.
I use 64 bit VST version only though.
Yeah give it time.
Once you've experienced your first speaker destroying denormal blast you'll know what I mean.

sqigls wrote:
replicant X wrote:No problem here with Cubase Pro 9 / FL studio12 / Reaper5.4 on windows7 64 bit.
I use 64 bit VST version only though.
Yeah give it time.
Once you've experienced your first speaker destroying denormal blast you'll know what I mean.
Lol. I used to get those with the old dcam synth squad vsts (Amber and strobe). Scared the living shit out of me. Of course it didn't help that I was using it at 2am with the wife asleep nearby. I thought for sure I damaged my Mackie HR824s. Sometimes with the arts acoustics plugs I get a quiet pop but nothing like the horrid noise that I used to get with some other plugs.

it's kinda random, but i'd say i get a psycho noise burst on 1/10 project loads with an Arts Acoustic CL in the project. Either that, or it won't process audio so i need to reload Cubase then cross my fingers i don't get a psycho noise burst. It's VERY offputting. Thank god for the new bx_opto, but unfortunately it can't match the CL's CPU efficiency... the Big Rock also, so frustrating... it's my favourite software phaser ever, but in order to load it, i need to (hopefully remember to) save first, make sure the track isn't playing, then again - cross my fingers the DAW doesn't slam closed. It's insane. The reverb used to give me mega troubles too. I've given up on the compressor, unless it's in a mastering situation maybe... but the phaser, well as soon as i have the time to clone a few patches into Phase Mistress - I don't think i'll load any AA plugins anymore.

Seriously lame they can't just confirm my email change and send me my fecking serials... over SIX MONTHS!
PLEASE don't anybody buy from this company.

Yup, it's a shame. The CL is the best-sounding software compressor I've ever heard. The tube emulation alone easily rivals Plugin Alliance HG-2 and Studio Devil VTP and Slate Digital FG-Mu. Plus with the negative ratios you can get some crazy-sounding effects. The closest I've found to a compressor with those features (minus the tube emulation) is DMG Compassion. However, the Vulf Compressor by Goodhertz has a very similar vibe to the CL, albeit with fewer control options.

masterhiggins wrote:Yup, it's a shame. The CL is the best-sounding software compressor I've ever heard. The tube emulation alone easily rivals Plugin Alliance HG-2 and Studio Devil VTP and Slate Digital FG-Mu. Plus with the negative ratios you can get some crazy-sounding effects. The closest I've found to a compressor with those features (minus the tube emulation) is DMG Compassion. However, the Vulf Compressor by Goodhertz has a very similar vibe to the CL, albeit with fewer control options.
Ditto.
It is an outstanding sounding comp.

I hope the company comes back around.

Return to “Arts Acoustic”