ArtsAcoustic: the plugins and the shitty support

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, i'm sorry if the case is that the staff of ArtsAcoustic are suffering personal problems, but this lack of support of any kind is simply unacceptable for a company.

I love your plugins, own them all, but you guys need to tell your customers something!!

for now please, NOBODY SPEND A CENT with these guys, they don't answer any support emails and the plugins are full of show-stopping bugs.

PLEASE ArtsAcoustic
Answer your emails, fix your plugins, or take your website down!!!

[edited as to get to the point]

I must admit that at this point, I just assume that ArtsAcoustic are no longer in business. The sad thing as you say is that they continue to sell their plugins. BigRock and CL1 are definitely the buggiest plugins I have used. Luckily, ArtsAcoustic Reverb continues to work correctly.

But no one is replying to tickets (I opened one in December 2016 and nothing) and it's so so sad to see such a great company and their products in this state. I am looking at phasing ArtsAcoustic Reverb out of my productions (replaced by Relab's amazing LX480) as I worry that future compatibility may be uncertain.

The lack of AAX or even announcement of AAX support is also an indication that the team are no longer working on new versions of the existing plugins. The announcement of their new reverb in 2012 without a single update is also another indication.

Strangely though, I recall the Vengeance team said that the effects in their new Avenger synth were made by ArtsAcoustic. If this is true, then I don't know what to think and am left really confused.

ArtsAcoustIc Reverb will remain one of the all-time greatest reverbs ever made. Even when compared to a 480L, AAR has a very unique character which blends incredibly well with instruments. The CL Series was also very impressive and unique, such a huge huge shame.

They're all amazing sounding plugins. But too often cause INSTANT damage on both Windows and OSX. It's just crap that i can't even get my serials and installers sent to me. I'm hoping that this dev isn't suffering something terrible, but i also hope that until the company makes a statement that nobody spends any money with them. As it is, the plugins are pretty deadly for projects, in my experience. Causing both instant crashes and random damaging bursts of clipping noise. Need to put a limiter in behind the plugin first, and also save the project before adding the AA plugin. It's insane. Also save your project before opening the GUI of any AA plugin, as it will most likely crash when you do.

Last official product news from May 22th 2013 (ArtsAcoustic Reverb 1.6.0.15 is released)
Last website news April 2016 (50% Spring 2016 discount ).

I don't think they are out of business because they still selling the old stuff but it's true, there is no support since a long time. The last activity on KvR (Nick) was 2013 :o

True, I have seen sales occur in the last few years too, perhaps it's an automated switch on the website. It's really quite irresponsible of them to continue selling their products when most of them are very very broken and the others have no clear future.

I'm still truly in love with their Reverb which I will miss greatly if and when it breaks due to a new OS or DAW.

At this point it must be borderline abandonware?

I would love to buy Artsacoustic reverb, but after I sent the dev 3 emails with issues I had with the demo in 2013 and didn't get a single response, I decided against it.

Such a shame, because AR is still one of the best.

yeah it's nuts! if they (or he?) is supplying Vengeance Sound with effect algorithms, then they (or he) are still working on stuff, yeah? I just can't fathom why they can't just pop their heads in every few months, or answer their flipping emails... I guess the bugs require a re-write and they are (or he is) too busy with their day job to do it...? I'm sure most people could understand the tight situation some lone developers are in, but i think it's nuts that they just disappear without a word.
Last edited by sqigls on Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sqigls wrote:yeah it's nuts! if they (or he?) is supplying UVI with effect algorithms, then they (or he) are still working on stuff, yeah? I just can't fathom why they can't just pop their heads in every few months, or answer their flipping emails... I guess the bugs require a re-write and they are (or he is) too busy with their day job to do it...? I'm sure most people could understand the tight situation some lone developers are in, but i think it's nuts that they just disappear without a word.
Who said anything about them doing work for UVI. I do see a mention in this thread that they have done work on the something for Vengeance..
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

Ah yeah, no it was just my confusion... Vengeance Sound sorry

Yeah, Avenger says that it uses ArtsAcoustic Reverb for its reverb effect, so Vengeance would have had to be working with ArtsAcoustic to obtain the respective library / code and licensing.

reFX Nexus also uses ArtsAcoustic Reverb too, not sure if it's somehow related to that agreement (it's possible that it is) and that ArtsAcoustic were not involved at all this time around. reFX sells Vengeance products too, so there does appear to be a relationship there

OK MODS
It's time to remove ArtsAcoustic from your database.
I want to make an official complaint, what do I do?
This company has been unresponsive to emails or forum support for FAAAR too long.
My latest support ticket is going on 6 months, and I've been contacting them for over a year with NO reply.
I own all of their products, I have a change of email that has not been rectified and this leaves me with serial numbers I can't obtain.

PLEASE remove them from your database, or add a warning. There will be people spending money with this company who are getting NO SUPPORT. This is beyond unethical, regardless of the circumstances. If KVR is still helping to promote and link to their products, I feel KVR has a duty to inform its user-base and any possible customer - that this company is either folded or doesn't offer any support for paid customers.

please thank you

Return to “Arts Acoustic”