"Cannot write to preference file" issue.

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey there fellow musicians and tech support guys. Just wanted to point out a few issues I've been having lately and wanted to know if anyone else had similar problems. Yes I have browsed around looking for other posts regarding this issue, but haven't yet found one that completely answers my issue.

I purchased AAReverb recently (within the last few months or so) and I absolutely love the plug-in. Got it downloaded, installed and licensed with no problems. Here's the issue I'm now running into. Every time I open a saved project up that I have been working on, any sound in the mixer that uses the AAR is muted. Didn't take me long to realize it was AAR causing them not to play. When I try to open AAR in the effect chain, I'm presented with the "Copy Serial Key From Clipboard" splash page. This to me was odd, since I had already loaded the license file into the plug-in previously. (Keep in mind the plug-in was working just fine when I first installed it, only recently it has been acting up).

So, I go back and find my license file. Copy the code and paste it in. I'm presented with the same "Cannot write to preference file" error box. I click "OK" and another box pops up telling me that it has been successfully registered. The plug-in works just fine..until I close out of the program and re-open it at another time. Then I have to repeat the entire process. I also have to do this with EVERY instance that I have of it on my tracks. Which, becomes a hassle going through every track, and having to open and copy the code in. It has also changed where my default presets folder is. It seems to be pointing at the DAW folders instead (When I go back and change the preset folder, it works for that session. Once I close and re-open, it resets itself once again). Even though the plug-in seems to reset, it still keeps my previous preset I was using intact, which doesn't make sense to me at all.

Anywho, just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue or knows of a fix. I also run the DAW in Admin mode and I haven't installed any new software or hardware that could cause problems with the plug. I haven't uninstalled and reinstalled because I'm in the middle of a huge project that I'm using this in, and can't try that until that project is finished (This may very well solve the issue, but who knows). Thanks in advance for any advice from anyone.

- Derek

Return to “Arts Acoustic”