ArtsAcoustic Reverb 1.6.0 released

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wow Compyfox! great reply. one of the best and most engaged and selfless, i've ever read here.
Thank you very much! :hug: :) :clap:
"It dreamed itself along"

Ok guys, I think it's time to take a break. Everybody made his valid points, and just be assured: we hear you. As Nick said, there will be an announcement soon from Alex. He is extremely busy these days, but he will come back to you as soon as possible. So please be patient until this has been done. I'm sure it all will turn to good.
kind regards, timo

Dear AAR Users,

we apologize that there have been lots of confusion about our new license policy and we are also very sorry that you had to wait for such a long time for a final response. We internally discussed these topics and finally came to a conclusion.

Since your frustration is the last thing we want, we decided to handle it like follows:

* previous transferred licenses, that have turned into NFR licenses, will be changed into full versions for free. This means, you will be eligible to update to any future AAR 1.x version at no extra costs and get a new license as if you just had bought one.

* from version 1.6 on, we have a new license policy, that you have to agree when you install this version. The new policy clearly handles transferring licenses, other than before, where normally you could not at all transfer a license (but we did it as an act of courtesy).

* the terms are as follows:
a) A license can only be transferred once by the respective license owner (eg. not 2x by the same license owner).
b) upon purchase or transfer the license cannot be transferred before 6 months are over.
c) For the seller there is a license fee to be paid, which is 50€ (incl. VAT)/50USD
d) After the license has been transferred, the seller is not allowed to use the product any longer.
e) The new owner recieves a full valid license of the product, which is a full version (instead of an NFR version). The new owner becomes a valid customer of ArtsAcoustic, just as if he would have bought the product at our store, which means he can request support, benefilt from whatsoever sales actions we do for the customers, etc.

We know that for some users, the transfer fee appears to be high. But please consider that
a) we approve that the new licensee buys a legal license
b) we have quiet a lot of work with it (update databases, edit scripts, create serials, send emails, etc.)
c) our business model is to sell licenses and not handle transfers and
d) we have very fair license terms and a very customer friendly copy protection without C/R, iLok etc.

We believe that, after all, these conditions will fit your needs best possible. Again, our apologies if you felt affronted, this was in no way our intension. Be assured, we love all our customers!

So, back to work, we have a big bug to fix. Anyway, for those who already use the new version: let us know, how you like it!

For those of you who need the former version 1.5 again please write an email to support@artsacoustic.com.
Kind regards, alexander at artsacoustic.com

this looks like a win/win situation.
thank you very much, Alex, Nick and Timo for having considered the second hand owners' problems as valid and thank you very much for your generosity!

now let's do some great music with AA :party: :hug: :) :band:
"It dreamed itself along"

mellotronaut wrote: now let's do some great music with AA :party: :hug: :) :band:
We love to be a part of it! Have fun! ;-)
kind regards, timo

So in short:

1) NFR's turn into regular versions
2) licenses can not be resold in the first 6 months (which is fair IMO)
3) the license transfer fee is 50 EUR, but the new licensee get's a regular license (see point 2) and is treated like a regular "full paying customer"

To my understanding, this also means:
Should there be a v2 of AAR, users are entitled to upgrade with the appropriate fee of course.

I still think that certain license transfer fees (from all developers I know) are a bit high ranked (personally I consider 20-30 EUR more fair). But since ArtsAcoustic does no sales, it's a considerable evil if one wants to save a buck or two. Though the resale value at the marketplace can be definitely evil.

But we're not talking about "modules" like T-Racks that only cost like 60-100 bucks themselves and the transfer fee is still beyond 30USD per module. So it's always a two edged blade.

You (ArtsAcoustic) are also at the tail of the bug... even if it takes a couple of days (and not weeks/months!). :tu:

Though this is definitely a worst case scenario.

Else... Damage control in full effect I'd say.
No harm taken over here. :wink:
Last edited by Compyfox on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I have no beef with the license thing, but just to be fair to AA regarding the bug itself; 1.6 has worked for me since the update.

It runs fine on this rig. New algorithms are fantastic. I'm getting some awesome plates out of it, & the resonate algorithm is a pretty special for digital and/or experimental stuff :)

Oh yeah, and ultra mode takes it to another level.

Phenom 955 BE, win7, FL 10.0.9.

2 sides to every story...

yeah i have three different pc builds and tested on all 3 no problems with the 1.6 release so far. :)

Thank you guys.
I very much appreciate that you take care of your user base.
We all love your plugins and hope to keep supporting you.

Thank you AA

Compyfox wrote: I love AAR, it's still a great and unique reverb among all the available ones
+1. Thanks, Timo, Alex & Nick for considering our point of view.

The new Impact room type on "ultra" is amazing.

zentatonic wrote:The new Impact room type on "ultra" is amazing.
lucky you, i wish i could test it myself :(

are there any news regarding a working v1.6 version of AAR (64bit)
in Presonus Studio One ?

alex at artsacoustic.com wrote:We are currently looking into an issue with some Windows systems.

A fixed version will be available soon.

mgpro.de wrote:are there any news regarding a working v1.6 version of AAR (64bit)
in Presonus Studio One ?
Not yet. We're on it, stay tuned! Sorry for the inconvenience :(
kind regards, timo

Return to “Arts Acoustic”