ArtsAcoustic CL Series released

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sorry i didn't replied yesterday,i was busy making music...

brok landers thanks a bunch ! :)

you helped me a lot with your clear explanation.

in fact, i learned how to drive a bicycle just from reading your reply. :D

i always thought that keeping the levels right inside the daw isn't important at all.

:roll:

from now on i'm much more critical !

ah,and the compressor works nice. :wink:

t3toooo wrote:sorry i didn't replied yesterday,i was busy making music...

brok landers thanks a bunch ! :)

you helped me a lot with your clear explanation.

in fact, i learned how to drive a bicycle just from reading your reply. :D
no problem... :)
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Will there ever be a multiband version of this compressor? I would sell my house (well, my parents house but dont tell them) to get one haha

adamtrance wrote:Will there ever be a multiband version of this compressor? I would sell my house (well, my parents house but dont tell them) to get one haha
It's not on the plan for now, but who knows what the future brings!
Right now we're very busy with new stuff to be released next year. Once that roadmap is fullfilled, we'll see what to do next. Not the answer you were looking for, i know, sorry. :)
Kind regards, Nick at ArtsAcoustic

adamtrance wrote:Will there ever be a multiband version of this compressor? I would sell my house (well, my parents house but dont tell them) to get one haha
A modular environment plus a band splitter with multiple CL instances will do the job. :)

http://www.ddmf.eu/product.php?id=3
http://www.araldfx.com/downloads.php#dl ... 3ef785e2df

Enjoy.

I tried those already but it seems that different settings on the compressor cause different delays in the signal not much but enough to cause phasing issues and then it ruins the "cleanness" of the signal and causes phasing artefacts... :(

Hello Arts Acoustic, I would need your help concerning a license I have to receive from a KVR member. The transfer was initiated nearly two weeks ago but we still haven't any news from your customer support, and I still haven't received my license. Can you help me please ?

Should be solved now.
Kind regards, Nick at ArtsAcoustic

So after spending some time with CL1 again I realized that it's amazing and could replace a few compressor options for me. Definitley the most analog sounding and just using it for the saturation with hardly any cpu hit is great.

I just wish AA sold CL1 by itself for people that don't care for the M/S features... I think they are shooting themselves in the foot by not doing this and is probably one of the main reasons it's not as popular as it should be. Any chance of this happening? I emailed them but have not received a response yet.
You are currently reading my signature.

Ok. I've heard some sound clips and this sounds pretty stellar. But I can't tell exactly what famous hardware compressors this resembles or what inspired it. Is this similar at all to a Tube Tech or LA2A given the optical design?

AC222 wrote:Ok. I've heard some sound clips and this sounds pretty stellar. But I can't tell exactly what famous hardware compressors this resembles or what inspired it. Is this similar at all to a Tube Tech or LA2A given the optical design?
I really wish that companies stop using increased loudness in their sound examples. It serves absolutely no purpose when the volumes aren't matched.

AC222 wrote:Ok. I've heard some sound clips and this sounds pretty stellar. But I can't tell exactly what famous hardware compressors this resembles or what inspired it. Is this similar at all to a Tube Tech or LA2A given the optical design?
I'd say yes.

djanthonyw wrote:
I'd say yes.
I'd say no. Based on emulations I've used. Its grabby & aggressive.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:
djanthonyw wrote:
I'd say yes.
I find that to be the case past a certain point, but when used lightly it sounds even more open and "airy" than any other 2a emulation I've used.

djanthonyw wrote:
Aiynzahev wrote:
djanthonyw wrote:
I'd say yes.
I find that to be the case past a certain point, but when used lightly it sounds even more open and "airy" than any other 2a emulation I've used.
On of the things I like most about La2a style compressors is how much you can dig into it while still keeping a smooth sound. I haven't found CL to be like that, even with the longest attack and release. The only other thing I can say it's like is IK's opto comp. Only it's much more aggressive.

I have to hand it to AA for being way ahead of the curve with their modelling. It's not just the compression but the in/out stages and the clipping, It's all very real sounding.

I've used a whole bunch of compressors by now, but these are still among the most versatile when you consider the whole package and how much you can alter not just the dynamics but the tone and harmonics.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Return to “Arts Acoustic”