ArtsAcoustic Reverb 1.5.0 released

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

An updated version of the ArtsAcoustic Reverb (1.5.0) is available.

If you are an existing customer you should recieve a delivery notification email including the download details and your new serial number within the next hours. The update is free for every existing user!
In case you haven't recieved any email today we would kindly ask to check your SPAM folder before contacting support.

--- The following has been changed in the latest version:

* New: 3 new Room Types: dense, slapback, wide
* New: improved preset menu
- no delay when opening the menu for the first time
- current preset path is indicated by a bullet
* New: protection routines (new serial numbers are needed)
* New: mute/unmute the Dry/Wet Controls using Alt+Click
* New: 90 additional factory presets
* Fixed: loud noise bug
* Fixed: a crash when closing AU with open editor
* Fixed: AU channel negotiation code
* Fixed: unnecessary redraws of ui
* Fixed: when MouseWheel preference was disabled mouse over would not work anymore
* Fixed: new serial screen that fixes a Cubase 5.0 issue
* Updated: Documentation

Have fun!
Kind regards, Nick at ArtsAcoustic

Hi,

AAR v1.5.0 (windows) does not load/work in last official version of FL Studio 8 (v8.02). The plugin installs, and is recognised by the host, but freezes every time I attempt to load it in a mixer track slot. Most attempts result in no response i.e the plugin simply doesn't appear. Other times, a windows "...fatal error.." screen appears. If AAR's UI manages to load (by chance, 1/8 times, maybe rarer than that) it freezes on serial input screen, causing 2 different (in host) fatal errors to appear.

A quick check in cubase, the app is not recognised as a vst by cubase 4.

This is using windows vista ultimate, 64-bit, FL Studio 8.02 (32-bit only), Cubase 4.5.2 (32-bit).

Last official version; AAR 1.2.2 works fine in all programs; no problems.
AAR 1.5.0 DEMO works fine in all apps, no problems.

I conclude it's only the 1.5.0 official I'm getting from your server that doesn't want to work correctly. Shame, I was excited about those new reverb modes for a moment... :(

I've attempted to re-install, uninstall, reboot in every order imaginable more than 12 times. The result is the same everytime: AAR 1.5.0 does not work, AAR 1.5.0 DEMO works, AAR 1.2.2 works . Let me know if you need further info.

Re-installing 1.2.2 until this is fixed

John

Awesome!! Can't wait to try it, regarding the new serial numbers, do they now authorize against our names instead of email addresses? Email addresses change but names are forever :D

P.S.: My email address has changed, I updated it in my shareit account, is that all that is required to notify ArtsAcoustic?

Hey thanks, Nick! I happened to wake up to the email this morning, and I wasn't quite sure what was going on (the email doesn't explicitly state it's a 1.5 upgrade?), but I was delighted to find out it's a full-blown upgrade! :hyper:

I love what you've done with it: the dense algo is great (love those 80s presets!) and the snappy preset menu is a really welcome improvement.

Speaking of presets: I think I found a small bug. All the preset names have ".fxp" written after them, where I don't think they had that before. This is on the Mac version.

Juhu :D Very nice, Nick!

The Windows version shows also the file extension for the presets. Not a problem or a big bug... But good for a minor update ;)

* New: protection routines (new serial numbers are needed)
Installing the AU didn't request me to enter my new serial number. Indeed I had copied it to the clipboard before...

Awesome! I immediately came here to see what's up when I received the "thanks for purchasing the ArtsAcoustic Reverb 1.x" email :D, thanks for the update!

I managed a sure way to get the UI to display every time (in the FL8.5 beta version). Atm, the only method is to install 1.5.0 and then install 1.2.2 (without uninstalling 1.5.0).

On copying and pasting the serial number: AAR crashes, displaying the error: "Could not write serial to preference file. Please contact ArtsAcoustic support!".

This is closest I've gotten it to work with 30+ installs, even so it "freaks out" in that it is not displayed as an installed program in windows control panel.

Hope this info is useful.

audiosabre

bduffy wrote:Hey thanks, Nick! I happened to wake up to the email this morning, and I wasn't quite sure what was going on (the email doesn't explicitly state it's a 1.5 upgrade?), but I was delighted to find out it's a full-blown upgrade! :hyper:

I love what you've done with it: the dense algo is great (love those 80s presets!) and the snappy preset menu is a really welcome improvement.

Speaking of presets: I think I found a small bug. All the preset names have ".fxp" written after them, where I don't think they had that before. This is on the Mac version.

4damind wrote:Juhu :D Very nice, Nick!

The Windows version shows also the file extension for the presets. Not a problem or a big bug... But good for a minor update ;)
thanks guys, we're already aware of this, it'll be fixed in the next update. however, it won't affect the performance.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

audiosabre wrote:I managed a sure way to get the UI to display every time (in the FL8.5 beta version). Atm, the only method is to install 1.5.0 and then install 1.2.2 (without uninstalling 1.5.0).

On copying and pasting the serial number: AAR crashes, displaying the error: "Could not write serial to preference file. Please contact ArtsAcoustic support!".

This is closest I've gotten it to work with 30+ installs, even so it "freaks out" in that it is not displayed as an installed program in windows control panel.

Hope this info is useful.

audiosabre
hi audiosabre, there indeed seems to be a problem, however, it looks like it is rather vista related than FL related. thanks for reporting, we're on this.

btw, @ all:

for those who wonder: i'm working for artsacoustic as a freelancer since a few weeks.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

Just got a crash in Kore2 during the VST Folder scanning:

ArtsAcousticReverb.dll crashed while scanning

Hope there's a bugfix soon. Because this is my main reverb.

echopark, are you on vista 64 bit?
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

No Windows XP prof 32Bit

Thanks for the update!

Works great under Reaper and Cantabile.

Greetings,
D.
"There's a certain detail seen here."

brok,
it seems it indeed has to do with vista, however, it's vista in general, not specifically the 64bit version. it seems vista has a problem with the clipboard call we're doing, to get the serial pasted, we're still investigating. will be fixed asap.
Last edited by nick at artsacoustic on Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kind regards, Nick at ArtsAcoustic

Return to “Arts Acoustic”