ArtsAcoustic Reverb 1.2.0.4 update released

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi all,

finally a new version of the ArtsAcoustic Reverb (1.2.0.4) is released.
this update adresses the long awaited universal binary support.
we also launched a new website.
registered users will receive an update information via email.
demos are updated.

the following has changed in this version:
  • - new: universal binary support for macintosh
    - new: supports VST 2.4
    - fixed: various small fixes
Kind regards, Nick at ArtsAcoustic

Excellent. Been waiting to use this on my Macbook. Thanks.

I've been having sporadic crashes in Live 6 on the Macbook when I use the UB version of AAR. Is there anything I can do to make this easier to pin down. It doesn't seem to correlate with any particular function or pattern of use so far.

Hi kuniklo,

sorry to hear that you are having problems. For what it is worth I used AAR in Live 6 with my MacBook for some hours and did not experience a single crash.

Ok, let's check out some questions:

* do you get a crash log? Usually after a crash OS X opens a window with some detailed information containing the last state of the crashed application. This log would be extremely helpfull...
* do you use the VST or the AU version of the AAR?
* does it happen when AAR is the only plugin in the project?
* if not, which other plugins do you use in combination with the AAR (instruments and effects)?
* are there any programs running in the background?
* how much RAM do you have in your system?
* which version of OS X are you running?
* which external audio interface are you using if any?

Once again sorry for the trouble...

oliver at artsacoustic wrote: * do you get a crash log? Usually after a crash OS X opens a window with some detailed information containing the last state of the crashed application. This log would be extremely helpfull...
Not yet. I'll try to grab one the next time it happens.
* do you use the VST or the AU version of the AAR?
AU
* does it happen when AAR is the only plugin in the project?
Yes.
* are there any programs running in the background?
I had several other things running when it happened. I'll try it again with everything else closed.
* how much RAM do you have in your system?
1.5 gigs.
* which version of OS X are you running?
* which external audio interface are you using if any?
I've got Kore plugged in but I'm not using it in Live. I usually use a MOTU Ultralite and Kore is out the door here soon so I'll try it with the Ultralite.
Once again sorry for the trouble...
Thanks for the quick response. It's great to have AAR available as a UB. Such a great sound.

Thanks for taking the time answering the questions.

I heard of KORE having some stability problems so even if you just have it plugged in it might cause some trouble. But this is just a shot in to the dark and the fact that you're experiencing the crashes apparently only with the AAR plugged in might prove it wrong.

So let's see if you are able to get hold on a crash log which might clarify something.

Also when the crash happens the next time you could have a look on the console (/Applications/Utilities/Console.app) for any suspicious messages in the 'system.log' and 'console.log' files around the time the crash happened.
Thanks for the quick response. It's great to have AAR available as a UB. Such a great sound.
Thanks! Great to hear that!

Hi Olivier,

I purchased ArtsAcoustic Reverb today as UB is released. I have a trip this weekend which also includes musical performance. I won't have internet access. I will appreciate if you could send my registration details today (As I'm writing this, 3 hours left for my train's departure time) and I hope it could work with Live 6 without problem. (I also sent this message in the morning to your sales mail.)
--------------------------
prism spirit

Hi earthlinger,

you should reveive the serial within the next minutes...

As for the Live 6 issue I just can tell you that I experienced no instabilities at all. I hope the same will be true for you...

Have fun on your trip and with the AAR and thanks for your purchase!
Last edited by oliver at artsacoustic on Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

earthlinger wrote:Hi Olivier,

I purchased ArtsAcoustic Reverb today as UB is released. I have a trip this weekend which also includes musical performance. I won't have internet access. I will appreciate if you could send my registration details today (As I'm writing this, 3 hours left for my train's departure time) and I hope it could work with Live 6 without problem. (I also sent this message in the morning to your sales mail.)
sent :)
hope you get it within the next minutes.
have fun!

nick at artsacoustic wrote:
sent :)
hope you get it within the next minutes.
have fun!
got it ! 8) thank you nick...
--------------------------
prism spirit

Just want to say that I love the new look on the website! Good job. Are you guys planning on developing any other products? Or is that hush-hush? :D

:) our lips are sealed.
all i can say, no hush hush ;)

nick at artsacoustic wrote::) our lips are sealed.
all i can say, no hush hush ;)
Understood. :D :?

Nick

Will this version be okay even if I don't have an intel Mac?

of course. :)

Return to “Arts Acoustic”