Freeware VSTeffects roundup 32-bit

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
EQ30 NightShine

Thanks David!
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Last edited by The Noodlist on Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

i forgot all about this until i found it in an ancient folder on my external drive last night and spent a couple of happy hours reminiscing and twisting "beats". I used to love this "back in the day".
http://andreas.smartelectronix.com/inde ... &p=4&kat=0

A lot of the Smartelectronix stuff was great for its time. Remember FlitchSplifter?
http://andreas.smartelectronix.com/inde ... &p=6&kat=0
I meant to do that.

I have two Eq's and a limiter available here (LA Bands, Esquire):
https://leattol.com/work/

Nice, efficient designs. I prefer using them in the more efficient DAW's. Surpisingly, in FL Studio 20 they use double they do in DAW's like fl 11,10 and Reaper etc.

I'll be releasing a comb-filter-based stereo phase shifter I call Combellish (made with Flowstone) at some point in the relatively near future- the GUI isn't anything to write home about, but my goal was to offer features and controls not often found in freeware phasers... I know there's a quite a few good ones, but a wider degree of possible use cases and fine-tuning possibilities seemed like a worthy goal.

I've just added Low-cut/High-cut controls to let the user decide what frequencies they want processed, which started because of the tendency for comb filters to introduce a "metallic" quality to the high end- sometimes fine and desirable, but it can be unpleasant and fatiguing. Rolling off the high end works to remove the "metallic" aspect. I figured "Well, if I'm going to do that, why not allow control over the low end as well?" Now if you'd like only a narrow band processed, or the whole 20-20K range, it's in your hands.

Other features include:
  • stereo comb filter with modulation and gain controls for feedforward and feedback
  • a true stereo path throughout
  • a pre-effect stereo chorus/flanger with on/off
  • envelope followers with adjustable attack and release, on/off for the feedforward and feedback sections of the comb filter
  • a total of 20 possible stereo modes
  • a 3 x delay matrix for left and right channels for fine-tuning
  • separate left/right controls for volume and pan position
  • separate mix controls for the comb and delay matrix sections
  • separate gain controls for input, dry, and output, as well as a dry/wet mix
  • Initialize button to set controls to sensible default values when creating your own presets
So- whether you'd like to take some boring old saw waves and turn them into a lush, swirly string machine, add some stereo spice to a drum track while leaving the kick alone, let your guitar pretend it's 1970, create a pseudo-Leslie effect for an organ, or even just barely kiss an entire mix with it to add some stereo nuance, Combellish can do it.

The method doesn't lend itself to the ability to sync with a host, unfortunately (or at least some real DSP guru with Flowstone would have to open the schematic and make that happen somehow)- but at least it's not "here's yet another free butt-simple generic phaser effect". I've still to update the "About.." box or write a separate manual for it, and some non-processing-related tweaks to make, but as of now I feel Combellish is not that far from being inflicted on the world at large.

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in testing out and giving me (contructive!) feedback on, by all means, PM me. Thanks for reading this novella ;)

Quick n' dirty demo: https://soundcloud.com/duckettl/combellish-demo
Last edited by ccDuckett on Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

cymazic wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 10:06 pm i forgot all about this until i found it in an ancient folder on my external drive last night and spent a couple of happy hours reminiscing and twisting "beats". I used to love this "back in the day".
http://andreas.smartelectronix.com/inde ... &p=4&kat=0

A lot of the Smartelectronix stuff was great for its time. Remember FlitchSplifter?
http://andreas.smartelectronix.com/inde ... &p=6&kat=0
I loved the Ioplong stuff! Slifty was a monster :love:
http://andreas.smartelectronix.com/inde ... &p=9&kat=0

ccDuckett wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:20 am I'll be releasing a comb-filter-based stereo phase shifter I call Combellish (made with Flowstone) at some point in the relatively near future- the GUI isn't anything to write home about, but my goal was to offer features and controls not often found in freeware phasers... I know there's a quite a few good ones, but a wider degree of possible use cases and fine-tuning possibilities seemed like a worthy goal.

I've just added Low-cut/High-cut controls to let the user decide what frequencies they want processed, which started because of the tendency for comb filters to introduce a "metallic" quality to the high end- sometimes fine and desirable, but it can be unpleasant and fatiguing. Rolling off the high end works to remove the "metallic" aspect. I figured "Well, if I'm going to do that, why not allow control over the low end as well?" Now if you'd like only a narrow band processed, or the whole 20-20K range, it's in your hands.

Other features include:
  • stereo comb filter with modulation and gain controls for feedforward and feedback
  • a true stereo path throughout
  • a pre-effect stereo chorus/flanger with on/off
  • envelope followers with adjustable attack and release, on/off for the feedforward and feedback sections of the comb filter
  • a total of 20 possible stereo modes
  • a 3 x delay matrix for left and right channels for fine-tuning
  • separate left/right controls for volume and pan position
  • separate mix controls for the comb and delay matrix sections
  • separate gain controls for input, dry, and output, as well as a dry/wet mix
  • Initialize button to set controls to sensible default values when creating your own presets
So- whether you'd like to take some boring old saw waves and turn them into a lush, swirly string machine, add some stereo spice to a drum track while leaving the kick alone, let your guitar pretend it's 1970, create a pseudo-Leslie effect for an organ, or even just barely kiss an entire mix with it to add some stereo nuance, Combellish can do it.

The method doesn't lend itself to the ability to sync with a host, unfortunately (or at least some real DSP guru with Flowstone would have to open the schematic and make that happen somehow)- but at least it's not "here's yet another free butt-simple generic phaser effect". I've still to update the "About.." box or write a separate manual for it, and some non-processing-related tweaks to make, but as of now I feel Combellish is not that far from being inflicted on the world at large.

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in testing out and giving me (contructive!) feedback on, by all means, PM me. Thanks for reading this novella ;)

Quick n' dirty demo: https://soundcloud.com/duckettl/combellish-demo
Sounds great! Are you a member at flowstone forums perhaps?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Last edited by The Noodlist on Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Halonmusic wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:39 pm Sounds great! Are you a member at flowstone forums perhaps?
Yep! I was thinking you might be as well... I've been posting there about it in "User Examples".
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

ccDuckett wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:41 am
Halonmusic wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:39 pm Sounds great! Are you a member at flowstone forums perhaps?
Yep! I was thinking you might be as well... I've been posting there about it in "User Examples".
Yes im a member there aswell.

The Noodlist wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:12 pm QRange by lkjb
Thanks for the heads up :)

I'm a fan of the q-range as well as the octaver, I'll be giving both a real test with a few new tracks. Thanks.

yes , thankyou , finally found this thread !!

yes , thankyou , finally found this thread !! :pray:

Return to “Effects”