Sugar Bytes Effectrix

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How do members here like Sugar Bytes Effectrix? Or do any of you know any similar plugins that are better in any ways?

biddycola wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:56 pm How do members here like Sugar Bytes Effectrix? Or do any of you know any similar plugins that are better in any ways?
I like it and use it often especially in a mode where different effect sequences are tied to MIDI notes.

But I don't think it's worth its asking price (I got it 2nd hand). Get their Turnado (expensive, but much more fun I found) or the Glitch2 (which is much cheaper, with 32-bit version completely free). Also have a look at StutterEdit from iZotope, that can be found very cheap and is equally powerful.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Man, that confirms what I've been thinking. I have Effectrix, and I used it a bit, and you can get good use out of it, if it is producing the kind of sounds you want. I found it limited, and a number of the individual effects are not on par with individual plugins I own of those effects (chorus, filter, delay). Of course it's all about the sequencing, but I get more of what I want when using my DAW.

Turnado did have my eye, too, as that slider feature seems cool. But I don't know if I'd use it much, either.

Aprillo has my eye, though (different tool, though--a synth).
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

If you have an iPad, Sugar Bytes has done a very good job of translating all their desktop plugins to iOS, and the interfaces are all well served by a touchscreen. Looks like their apps went on sale 3x last year. For me, a cheap way to noodle and figure out whether I want to shell out for the DAW version of any of them.

Yeah, Effectrix is cool and Turnado is even better. For me, Turnado is a desert island VST!

Glitch 2 is cheap and has served me well.

I thought I was going to like Turnado as it seems to do everything I expect from a multi effect, but there's just something about the way it's laid out, and the way things are labelled. I found it way too difficult to figure out how to do this and that. (I'm talking about editing the actual effects here).
Very confusing layout and nothing seemed to make much sense to me. And considering I'm a hardcore Melda user, that's saying something!

And yes, I know I could've read the manual, but after 15+ years of making music, I shouldn't need an instruction manual to set up a phaser lol. Even Melda labels things in a way I can understand, but this thing...sheesh

Effectrix and Artillery are great sketching tools though

Having intermittent effects is pretty unique (I think). I haven’t seen another way to do it except Effectrix and Looperator. I’ve enjoyed both but they got put aside for whatever reasons until this thread.

What about DS Tantra?
yzcoruhT

Well, Sugar Bytes really do enjoy developing complex sequencing/automation stuff, but TBH, Effectrix doesn't really accomplish much more for me than the original freebie version of Glitch can.

I never grabbed Stutteredit because, from what I understood from threads, it's very powerful, but not at all something for non-rendered live parameter changes etc., and I'm not in dire need of glitch-microedit bells and whistles; SB's Turnado does indeed get a little too cute for its own good, in terms of sensible/quick effect parameter adjustment, but once the chore of designing a preset is done, a little automation of the Director can give unique results.
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

I liked dBlue Glitch back in the day, but I've never got on with Effectrix; much prefer Turnado and Looperator.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Love it. And I actually think that all efx are surprisingly quality and pretty flexible with the tweakable parameters. I’d buy it again.
paz por esos mundos

its been a while since i looked at either effectrix or turnado.

i found effectrix to be fine...it is what it is...which is another plugin like glitch2...but no real reason to have both. also i didnt get along with turnado at all. i found the effects sounded ok...but it was extremely difficult to control and get predictable output from it. now i want to reiterate....i have not looked at either of those for quite some time, so my impressions may be outdated if theyve been improved upon since then....looperator is easily better than either of them in my opinion.

all in all though there are other multi effect plugins out there that are far more powerful, creative, and easier to get good results from....to name a few:

cableguys - shaperbox
unfiltered audio - triad/byome
output - portal
melda production - mxxx
dmitry sches - tantra

and of course, as always - reaktor (though maybe not "easier")
ImageImageImage

Shit, Ive-a-noticed a recurrin' theme wit sugar bytes products - I play wit dem once or twice and never again. Wow, Artillery iz all I gotst but they dont seem ta do anythin' practical dat any other plugin cant.
Wow is good for filter sweeps wit envelope generator but you gotst midi envelope generators in most daws now. It's lfo has no use in anyfin. Artillery does very little too in weal life situwations

that wascilly wabbit!

Return to “Effects”