Waves Ovox - what do you think of it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

very interesting plugin, although i have plugins that already can do a lot, but this workflow can be an expansion. but i will wait, the special plugins i have bought for vocal "mangling" already do a lot. and the pricing will be lower in the end...
it are meldaproduction plugins by the way, so pretty extensive, and perhaps more "personal", in the sense when chained gives more direction to what you want. so i will try before buy.

It's not the quality of audio, it's the quality of production that matters.

Thanks to this Thread I took a peek at waves Audio Website.

Upgrade to
Inspire Virtual Instruments Collection
Reg $140
My Price = $40
Adds 3 new plugins

Interesting.

CODE: YNY23
My Price = $36

Even more interesting.

Must resist. I don't need it (or do I?).

Way too good to pass up. :D
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:05 pm Thanks to this Thread I took a peek at waves Audio Website.

Upgrade to
Inspire Virtual Instruments Collection
Reg $140
My Price = $40
Adds 3 new plugins

Interesting.

CODE: YNY23
My Price = $36
This is odd, I have everything but the new plugin and my upgrade price is 58.
It adds morphoder, which i already have in diamond/horizon and I previously had pianos & keys. It’s odd that mine would be higher as I’m only adding one plugin.

I think you might even get it a little cheaper than 58 at Audiodeluxe with the YNY23 Code.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

oonabe wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:44 pm
Russell Grand wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:47 am I like the GUI and the demo sounds are decent, but I really dislike the way that Waves plugins load and I'd rather use Vocal Synth, so I'll easily pass on this.
How do they load? I haven't purchased any Waves plugin yet, would be interesting to know what to pay attention to before purchasing...
In my DAW, Waves plugins open inside Waveshell, and from there I have to choose which Waves plug I want to open. It's an extra step that I find extremely annoying and sometimes I have problems opening the plug that I want to use due to the Waveshell and it'll crash my DAW. While I personally find it obnoxious and unnecessary, I don't see too many people complaining about it. So perhaps it wouldn't be an issue for you like it is for me.

Russell Grand wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:45 am In my DAW, Waves plugins open inside Waveshell, and from there I have to choose which Waves plug I want to open. It's an extra step that I find extremely annoying and sometimes I have problems opening the plug that I want to use due to the Waveshell and it'll crash my DAW. While I personally find it obnoxious and unnecessary, I don't see too many people complaining about it. So perhaps it wouldn't be an issue for you like it is for me.
Oh yeah, I know that, I guess it might be similar to the east west library or kontakt? I don't really like it either. I won't stop using a plugin because of it but I find it quite annoying too, specially when each company starts making their own shell/player and you end up having a lot of useless programs between your DAW and your plugins/libraries

Russell Grand wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:45 am
Russell Grand wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:47 am I like the GUI and the demo sounds are decent, but I really dislike the way that Waves plugins load and I'd rather use Vocal Synth, so I'll easily pass on this.
How do they load? I haven't purchased any Waves plugin yet, would be interesting to know what to pay attention to before purchasing...
In my DAW, Waves plugins open inside Waveshell, and from there I have to choose which Waves plug I want to open. It's an extra step that I find extremely annoying and sometimes I have problems opening the plug that I want to use due to the Waveshell and it'll crash my DAW. While I personally find it obnoxious and unnecessary, I don't see too many people complaining about it. So perhaps it wouldn't be an issue for you like it is for me.
Waves used to be like for me in version 8 (I think), you had to open the shell, then in a drop-down tab, select the plugin to open within the shell, but these days they just work like normal vsts, you do a scan, then they're there. I use FL, maybe other DAWS still need the shell system. :shrug:

Russell Grand wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:45 am
which DAW do you use? i have reaper, ableton, cubase, reason, maschine, and all show them as normal vst(i)'s, although they are still in there shell... even cubase has a shell for it's stock plugins, even 2 (mainly, i think, so you can't use them in other DAW's, never tried it, isn't necessary, although the stock plugins are great, padshop and retrologue are vsti, so can be used by other DAW's.).

WasteLand wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:26 am which DAW do you use? i have reaper, ableton, cubase, reason, maschine, and all show them as normal vst(i)'s, although they are still in there shell... even cubase has a shell for it's stock plugins, even 2 (mainly, i think, so you can't use them in other DAW's, never tried it, isn't necessary, although the stock plugins are great, padshop and retrologue are vsti, so can be used by other DAW's.).
Good to know it works like that in Reason, that's my current DAW though I'm thinking to go back to Ableton

oonabe wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:57 pm Great, thanks for that information, I just added the bundle to my wishlist, for me the price is quite far from $36, I guess you already own some of their plugins?
Mine is $102 to add three plugins, which is frustrating, since I own two of them as part of Mercury. So essentially, I'd have to buy additional copies and the future WUP it intails. So that'll be a no from me.

For me, it’s 30$ to upgrade for 4 plugins from a quote at Everyplugin. I already have Morphoder in Horizon, but since it’s in a bundle, it doesn’t count for the upgrade, so I will get it again with 3 new plugins.

rollasoc wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:07 am Initial thoughts
b) it will be annoying overused, much like autotune.
You had Vocal Synth 1/2. Harmonization over decades. Vocodex for over a decade. None of them overused yet popular, yet not as autotune. So keep your unragumented theories to yourself :-D

Aloysius wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:05 pm
<annoying long scroll space>
Can you not?

Elektronisch wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:09 am
rollasoc wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:07 am Initial thoughts
b) it will be annoying overused, much like autotune.
You had Vocal Synth 1/2. Harmonization over decades. Vocodex for over a decade. None of them overused yet popular, yet not as autotune. So keep your unragumented theories to yourself :-D

I agree...
Also from the demos i cant see what it offers me that vocalsynth2 already doesn’t.

Return to “Effects”