Artificial Audio still active?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, i recently have tried to activate Artificial Audio Obelisk but i couldn't connect to their server (AV firewall turned off), the eshop seems to be down, not very active web page in general, the certificate has expired in November from what i see, but you can bypass the silly browser warning and login to your account.

I have emailed the developer twice but to no avail, has anyone tried to activate their plugins recently?
Can anyone here in KVR contact the guy pls?

If the company is closing , maybe the dev should give us offline authorization so we just use our name and serial number, what a bummer obelisk is really amazing.

Anyone?

I tried contacting them a few times about 2 years ago to ask if they allowed license transfers. Never got a reply. I wouldn't recommend buying there. There are alternatives to their plugins out there.

Strange... I was pretty sure there was a topic somewhere saying they had closed down for good, but can't find it.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Thanks for the replies, its a small company with only 2 sw products that's using server activation, it seemed too much for a company that didn't grow and now legitimate users take the hit. Even excellent devs need some marketing boost, anyway i hope someone at least will buy his plugins.

For alternatives, i don't like eventide band delays as much (although the hw h3000 is hard to beat), i always preferred obelisk , band delays doesnt have the filter and freeform custom design with 2 modes, x/y lfos, plus the band filtering modes... also i ve been listening/comparing with headphones such plugins and never found better sound quality elsewhere so far.

The filter alone could be a separate plugin in its own right, keeping the lfos and adding a sequencer and envelope follower would be really something.

Same here. Just reinstalled both and not contact via the reg. server :( Just sent Bernard an email. Hopefully there will be a response. Both plugins have been pulled from the site, but my user login still works and all the details are there.

Return to “Effects”