[Intro pricing extended] Available now: T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb

Take a step into music history with the recording rooms of Sunset Sound studios available now on your Mac/PC. Hosting a long list of past and present music legends from Janis Joplin, Prince, Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, Van Halen, and Fleetwood Mac, to Rage Against The Machine, Khalid, Sheryl Crow and so many more, this studio has become a hall-of-fame for artists of all kinds.

The T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb is your chance to step into this studio and give your tracks this timeless sound with a suite of convolution reverbs capturing the sonic vibe of each room, booth, chamber and plate, all using the original mics and consoles of each studio room.

To capture both the unique acoustics of each studio as well as their characteristic vibe, IK created an all-new convolution engine to deliver the highest-possible quality reverb effects. And each impulse response was recorded using each studio’s unique microphones and console, so it’s as if you’re really there.

Sunset Sound studio owner Paul Camarata notes,
For over 60 years, the sound of our studios has been heard on hit records around the world. Now, we’re proud to be working with IK Multimedia to bring our famed sound to everyone’s recordings. Sunset Sound Studio Reverb really nails the essence of our distinct character.
In addition, T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb captures the 2 plate reverbs and spring reverb still in use at the facility today, giving you a full suite of reverb effects in a single plug-in.

Like all T-RackS plug-ins, T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb offers you two ways to work: as a stand-alone plug-in, or inside the T-RackS 5 shell. Use these together with any of the other 39 T-RackS processors to mix and master faster than ever creating a powerful, lightning-fast workflow.

Buy now for a special introductory price of €/$149.99 until March 31, 2020 (regular pricing will be €/$249.99).
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Looks beautiful but if it eats cpu like those tape emulations, I'll pass.

Duplicate thread.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=538219
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:27 am Duplicate thread.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=538219
I started that one, but this one should take over. Peter's from I.K after all. He's put all the the info in the O.P and he'll be able to field questions.

Odd, I searched for sunset and similar terms but was also on the frustrating NAMM connection so I didn't try to duplicate anything. We do typically post an announcement thread but if someone got to it first, that's always appreciated :)

So is it just 12 IRs (3 studios x 4 locations) ? If so then the $250 asking price is pretty ... yikes !

Diggin' that GUI! Lovely!

mcbpete wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:47 pm So is it just 12 IRs (3 studios x 4 locations) ? If so then the $250 asking price is pretty ... yikes !
I am interested, but I'd never pay that. I'll wait for a group-buy of something... that's when I get all my I.K stuff. Also, I'm guessing this is the first in a series. :shrug:

Now this looks interesting. I don't need any standard reverbs. This one can be used as a fake room for drums if there's no drum mic's included in a project or want to replace less good drum mic's or blend with the drum mic's. :tu:

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:20 pm Odd, I searched for sunset and similar terms but was also on the frustrating NAMM connection so I didn't try to duplicate anything. We do typically post an announcement thread but if someone got to it first, that's always appreciated :)
Would you like the other thread to be merged into this one? Or would that be confusing to readers at this point?

Meffy wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:23 am
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:20 pm Odd, I searched for sunset and similar terms but was also on the frustrating NAMM connection so I didn't try to duplicate anything. We do typically post an announcement thread but if someone got to it first, that's always appreciated :)
Would you like the other thread to be merged into this one? Or would that be confusing to readers at this point?
So good to see you here!!! OK, now that I'm done being excited about that, I think it might be confusing but I'm sure there are more confusing threads on KVR...

We had Ross Hogarth (who recorded many times at Sunset Sound) at NAMM 2020 with KVR's old friend Dave "Squids" Kerzner helming the talk:

https://youtu.be/nKIXI4p7wOI

Too bad Elton John’s studio isn’t there, it’s on his price range for a plugin.

Neon Breath wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:19 pm Too bad Elton John’s studio isn’t there, it’s on his price range for a plugin.
Sorry, we're not going to release something of this quality at $29.99

I think it's a cool idea and am interested to hear how it sounds. If the intro price is too much, be patient. IK has many sales, group buys, etc., during the year. Clearly a historic studio. It will be interesting to see to what extent a plug-in can capture the sound/feel of that space.

Return to “Effects”