Audiority L12X updated to v1.3.1 - Solid State Amplifier - FREE Standalone/VST2/VST3/AU/AAX/CLAP

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Audiority wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:15 pm Both amps are on my radar ;)
That is rather awesome news!
A bit fried in the higher freqs

you mean Hiwatt and Fender are on your radar or Hiwatt and Valvestate?

Hiwatt/Sound City and Marshall.

The L12X is nice, good alternative to the usual tube sims. However, IMO the best solid state amp of the 80s was the Fender Sidekick 35 Reverb. Rivera designed and great value, I still have one and still love it. Would love to see a plugin version.

I’ve really let Hiwatt pass me by, which is criminal as they are based down the road, my first amp was a Sound City (which I stupidly sold) and I used to live in Music Ground as a kid. Must really get one, and would check out a plugin version.
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

you'll never find those Sound City in a thousand years. not for a sensible price, at least. they will charge you an arm and a testicle, even if you find one.

anyway, no need for that. Hiwatt will do just fine.

what about Fender, Luca? no love for Twin or Dual Showman? again, lots of headroom these two, and cleans for days. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC34Mpt7fS0

I actually found a Sound City 120 for a reasonable price. Not sure if this is good to make something like the 103, but I'm seriously thinking about it. At the moment I have my studio stuffed with some amps, so I'll focus on them before going through others.

Cheers,
Luca

what about some Budda Amplification!!??
all their products deserve to be preserved and distributed in the digital domain.

Thanks for this, will check it out later!

interesting quote
The Sound City 120 has almost nothing in common with a Hiwatt except that both used Partridge transformers - but not all the 120s even had those. The circuit is completely different and doesn't sound similar.

There is a reason why Sound City amps were nicknamed 'Sound Sh*tty'.
not very promising.

Hey guys, check out this nice demo by Leon Todd!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNYFdUM0O4c

Cheers,
Luca

Modern Hiwatts are tainted. The trademark was bought out by the dodgy Harrisons (of Musicground infamy) before being sold off to a couple of Canadians. Unfortunately they don't seem to be doing anything at the moment. I had a 70s HiWatt for a while and it killed!

i'm loving this plugin :)

Loving it with a Lounge Lizard Rhodes emulation (I haven't unpacked my interface to hook up a guitar) - and it's got me on the hook for a PlexiTape.

L12X has been updated to v1.1

Changes:
– NEW: Standalone version
– NEW: Improved framework stability

You can download the update from your User Area account.

I am not getting an ASIO option to show for RME Babyface Pro (standalone). VST in a DAW is working as usual.

Only Windows Audio and DirectSound show as options, and both throw these error messages:

(Both) -> "Error when trying to open audio device":
(DirectSound) -> "Error opening Primary Sound Capture Driver: Generic Error"
(Windows Audio) -> "Couldn't open the input device!"

Return to “Effects”