Ohmforce

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well seems the OT is not relevant anymore as they are obviously working behind the scenes, but took them long enough. But I am definitely interested in Ohmicide 2 and I'd buy QUadfromage and the other distortion they do now if they had a massive sale before the new ones came. But they never do.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

simmo75 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:21 am

Excellent news but actions speak louder than words...
Can we get a date for the Version 1.0 of Infinity?
A lot of us payed for it and you still haven’t finished it, how long has it been now?
It’s been unusable for months.
I bought it back basically when it came out and it's been perfectly usable for me, in a couple tracks at least. Idk what version I have though offhand.

That said I'm also very much looking forward to it's release.

robotmonkey wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:52 am
Jace-BeOS wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:51 am
fceramic wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:34 am I love the funky look of their classic plugins. This new direction is too pristine, generic and bright.
I love Goodhertz's GUIs. High contrast, large font and sliders.
That’s it: generic. That’s the new norm of the flat design fad.

I like Ohmforce’s old GUIs. They had unique style. They just need better preset systems and high PPI bitmaps.
The old yellow GUI's are very good indeed. I was not fan of the alternative quirky skins though.
The “funky” skins? Yeah. Didn’t care for those myself.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

machinesworking wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:50 am This probably won't be answered but I have to ask, I own the Ohm All All collection, and I'm aware that I will be paying more to upgrade the plug ins than I initially paid for them even with a good individual discount. Is there any possibility of a flat fee for us All All folks?
Hard to tell honestly. Your question raises some unknowns to us - namely:
- when will all the plugins have their new version? We expect it to take years.
- will there a be any merge? It could be envisionned to have all of Hematohm features within Ohmboyz Infinity for instance, it's not too far as it is right now.
- how will bundles evolve has the linup is recreated over years?

What I can tell is that right now if you bought a bundle Ohmboyz Infinity is available to you for €35 (roughly).

About release date for Infinity and lack of email - to be accurate we never ever thought it wasn't going to be released so we didn't think about emailing anyone to tell it was :P. But it's true things got delayed and we should have talked about it. We got caught in the blur of not saying bc we didn't know what to say that would be accurate enough, which we apologize for.

If you read the blog post you know we're aiming Q1 2020 right now. The UI integration is well on its way and we're close to entering real content production, which will be the point of us making an actual announcement as we call for the contribution of the community :party:

BTW Ohmboyz Infinity is known to be working in its current state and if it's not in your case, please please please email us as support@ohmforce.com.
About updates, the UI tells you if there is one to download, with a link.

Red_Force wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:10 pm
machinesworking wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:50 am This probably won't be answered but I have to ask, I own the Ohm All All collection, and I'm aware that I will be paying more to upgrade the plug ins than I initially paid for them even with a good individual discount. Is there any possibility of a flat fee for us All All folks?
Hard to tell honestly. Your question raises some unknowns to us - namely:
- when will all the plugins have their new version? We expect it to take years.
- will there a be any merge? It could be envisionned to have all of Hematohm features within Ohmboyz Infinity for instance, it's not too far as it is right now.
- how will bundles evolve has the linup is recreated over years?

What I can tell is that right now if you bought a bundle Ohmboyz Infinity is available to you for €35 (roughly).
Thanks for responding.
I'm not seeing any discount for owning the All All bundle like you describe. I get the standard discount for owning Ohm Boys of €59.

Any news on infinity?

Glad to hear Ohm Force is still at it. I would welcome an ohmicide update with clearer GUI and better preset handling. There is so much variety of distortion possible with that thing that I would actually like to browser presets in an organized kind of way.

+1 for the Ohmicide updates. Need larger UI because computer displays have much higher resolution nowadays.

Red_Force wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:23 pm About release date for Infinity and lack of email - to be accurate we never ever thought it wasn't going to be released so we didn't think about emailing anyone to tell it was :P. But it's true things got delayed and we should have talked about it. We got caught in the blur of not saying bc we didn't know what to say that would be accurate enough, which we apologize for.

If you read the blog post you know we're aiming Q1 2020 right now. The UI integration is well on its way and we're close to entering real content production, which will be the point of us making an actual announcement as we call for the contribution of the community :party:

BTW Ohmboyz Infinity is known to be working in its current state and if it's not in your case, please please please email us as support@ohmforce.com.
About updates, the UI tells you if there is one to download, with a link.
That in IMO, is a pathetic excuse for not saying anything.

The biggest question was if Infinity was vaporware. So you were unable to say it was delayed but you were still working on it? Does that mean it wasn't being worked on?

You had such heavy involvement in proclaiming that buying into Infinity would not resemble in any way the experience of crowd funded games that went nowhere... yet here you are after an eerily similar silence with other crowd funded endeavors.

Basic communication should be a given. Nobody is expecting you guys to magically deliver something. Delays can happen. Life can happen. But complete silence? That's just unnecessary especially if Ohmforce is still a "we," meaning that there's more than one of you all saying nothing.

And that wasn't even a real apology... that was just an acknowledgment of what we've all experienced.

^ Idk man, pump the breaks a bit imo. I bought it for the intro price b/c i was a big fan of the original iteration thus excited to see it's successor and it's worked for me in it's current state as a delay plugin.

I like the look of the new gui, glad to hear it's still in development, sure i get it's not fast enough for most but your post comes off a bit entitled to me. Any early adopter type deal is always something of a risk, buyers should be aware of that, even then, in this case you get a functional product out of the gate so less of a gamble.

nusound mind wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:19 am ^ Idk man, pump the breaks a bit imo. I bought it for the intro price b/c i was a big fan of the original iteration thus excited to see it's successor and it's worked for me in it's current state as a delay plugin.

I like the look of the new gui, glad to hear it's still in development, sure i get it's not fast enough for most but your post comes off a bit entitled to me. Any early adopter type deal is always something of a risk, buyers should be aware of that, even then, in this case you get a functional product out of the gate so less of a gamble.
You're reading what you want to read and then responding which is just lazy. So try your own advice... pump those brakes instead of glossing over things and responding unnecessarily.

Hint: I said nothing about the speed of development and I have no qualms about the length of development for delivering a finished product.

Ohmicide is still pretty great and hasn’t given me a single issue in all the years I’ve owned it. Ohmboys is likewise a super fun and flexible delaywith a crazy mod system.

I’d love to see them release a modular plugin rack thing that has all their stuff in it, and would allow for feedback and whatnot like mxxx. Outside that they seem to do quite well licensing their DSP to others and I would bet that most of the people over there code for other companies regularly.

After ohm studio was a flop, they probably decided that they didn’t want to do retail for a while. Or they couldn’t afford to. Or whatever.

I still thing their stuff sounds great compared to similar products from other companies and Ohmicide is by far the most flexible distortion around.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:56 pm Glad to hear Ohm Force is still at it. I would welcome an ohmicide update with clearer GUI and better preset handling. There is so much variety of distortion possible with that thing that I would actually like to browser presets in an organized kind of way.
THIS !!!

Amazing distortion unit with a handful of presets that are harder to find than Epsteins suicide note.

Really needs an overhaul. I want to buy more of the collection, but they are so dated and the GUI's arent pretty, puts me off. Quadfromage and predatohm
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

elxsound wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:13 am

You're reading what you want to read and then responding which is just lazy. So try your own advice... pump those brakes instead of glossing over things and responding unnecessarily.

Hint: I said nothing about the speed of development and I have no qualms about the length of development for delivering a finished product.
They weren't twittering or facebooking everyone often enough for you? Updates happened. The plugin works. ???

"pathetic excuse" .. "wasn't even a real apology"

Excuse for what? He owed you an apology? (which wasn't real, anyways, acc. to you. Something you expect based on your own personal sanctimonious code of appropriate amounts of communication at the proper intervals of time? Oh, ok.

I get it'd be nice to be kept in the loop, I mentioned myself in the infinity thread about wanting to know what was going on with it, but your attitude idk little over the top imho. Maybe a family member died and there's wills, funerals, finances that need attending to. Maybe they went on a 8 month drug crazed binge. Maybe some serious health issue, etc. etc.

The finger wagging just seems unnecessary to me that's all. He's back, he's telling you now what's happening. In the meantime, why not simply use the plugin you have, as is, which works? (for me it does in any case.)

Return to “Effects”